Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Hasegawa B-24J Liberator.

Admittely 1:72 (you should see my 1:144 Airbus 380, huge when built), I finally got around to get this Hasegawa kit, and I plan to use Bare metal foil on it. :)

Metal foil

Resin engines w. PE

Masking set (though I might use silver decal sheet instead of paint for canopy work, or metal foil even.)

Metal barrels, multipart (I got 3x of those, so some 30 pairs of barrels for other builds like the B-25 and B-17.,

Buying the Quickboost propeller set was a mistake, as it was shown by a reviewer to be flawed, and incorrect. Grrrr.. (The reviewer points out that the guide shape can be cut shorter to match the real length of the propeller, then each of the three propeller blads can easily be cut shorter to match.)

b24.jpg

I am warming up to 1:32 scale models and will probably find some (more) later. Models at my place can't be too large, though if I can move to a new and larger house, all would be clear to focus on 1:32 stuff.

Edited by Treehugger
Typo

On 7/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, Treehugger said:

Models at my place can't be too large, though if I can move to a new and larger house, all would be clear to focus on 1:32 stuff.

That's what we did just under 9 years ago in Oct 2013. Outgrew the old place as not enough display space or storage space:D Now the wife wants to move again.... I don't (various reasons including being autistic and not liking the prospect of uprooting again!)

Nice!

I look forward to the Albatros book review :)

And... thanks @Daywalker for the F-16 Arctic Splinter decals I got in the raffle last year.... I got a good deal on a Tamiya F-16C block 50/52, 132€ delivered to my door. Not cheap by any means but the best I could find.

Of course this will need some work and parts for a more accurate F-16C Block 30, but with people asking 50€ for battered boxes of old Hasegawa kits I could not pass this up and have some left to get parts.

Got a promotion at work too, so figured I could celebrate a bit! :)

I'm sure you all know that a Tamiya F-16 box looks like so I'll spare you the picture :D

Jeroen

• 2 weeks later...

Bagged kit of the quite old Revell 1:32 Spitfire Mk I. No box, which I would also have liked to have, but I'll get a box eventually. I still see this kit as very worthwhile.

ZAzBwX.jpg

Two new book additions. The Mustang book is pretty cool, the Drendel book is trash, a complete waste of money, at least in my opinion.

T5E9Lo.jpg

One can never have too much Rhino stuff, so I also snatched this.

f15PoV.jpg