Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I also just had to have this. While some details are sort of weird, it's not really as bad as I'd previously thought either, which is good, and I look forward to tackling it in September.

XyvY9g.jpg

We’ll Kev,  I have a pile of pictures for you of that Turret. I’ll email you when I get back

Ron

The latest addition to my, as yet un-built, collection of Silver Wings kits - the Gauntlet:

48b427_0b7ac88912b54afa90ec98272716eddb~

Looks beautifully done in the box - I may put together a review if I get time...

The collection is growing - at some point I'll take a run at some British inter-war types - as well as these I have quite a few others from Wingnut Wings, AlleyCat, Lukgraph, ICM, Marsh Models etc.. - but I *must* clear the decks of some other project first!

The rest of my Silver Wings 'stash':

48b427_229c1aa4009041dcbdd9ae5d844d50de~

When I think my to my early infatuation with 1:32 aircraft models, back in the mid '80s, such subjects would be considered next to impossible to see realised in 'our' scale - and now look at the wonderful range of subjects we have available to us!

Blue skies,

Iain

On 4/30/2022 at 6:56 AM, LSP_K2 said:

I also just had to have this. While some details are sort of weird, it's not really as bad as I'd previously thought either, which is good, and I look forward to tackling it in September.

It's not  bad kit but they could have done the life rafts better and included the oars and barrel. They are two pieces each and lots of seams to fill. I would have like if they had gone all out and given us turret three with the twin 40mm Bofors and  tub mount.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:56 AM, LSP_K2 said:

XyvY9g.jpg