Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

It never rains, but it pours:

eqEatz.jpg

Quite pleased with how quickly those Tunnan kits got to me from the Czech Republic. Can anybody spot the problem with the UN boxing, though?

rHxDk9.jpg

They obviously missed a side:

hoxuM6.jpg

I've just had a quick peek in the UN boxing, and it all looks pretty typically short-run to me: good surface detail but with a slightly rough texture to the plastic, detail parts in resin, and decent decals of unspecified origin.

Kev

WpWgWMt.jpg

This is an amazing kit, a little like what Minibase did with the SU-33. Hope I can do her justice! My last schnellboot made the cover at least:

tv5wFdk.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/German-S-Boats-Steve-Wiper-ebook/dp/B00WQ4QTZI

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Is there 2 versions of the one with the F4U’s on the cover though? I’m seeing 2 different versions of the cover when I Google Volume 4. I’d like to track down a copy if there’s any info on RNZAF F4U-1D’s in there as that’s what I plan for my Tamiya kit with the HGW Decal set.

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Is there 2 versions of the one with the F4U’s on the cover though? I’m seeing 2 different versions of the cover when I Google Volume 4. I’d like to track down a copy if there’s any info on RNZAF F4U-1D’s in there as that’s what I plan for my Tamiya kit with the HGW Decal set.

No. Before actual release editors commonly show a temporary book cover that may be diffèrent from the final one. This explains that.

3 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I’d like to track down a copy if there’s any info on RNZAF F4U-1D’s in there as that’s what I plan for my Tamiya kit with the HGW Decal set.

Coverage of RNZAF is very minimal - about 8 photographs (one in colo(u)r) and five profiles (three F4U-1A, two F4U-1D).

Cheers,  Rockie

On 3/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

I've just had a quick peek in the UN boxing, and it all looks pretty typically short-run to me: good surface detail but with a slightly rough texture to the plastic, detail parts in resin, and decent decals of unspecified origin.

According to the side of the box, they're printed by BOA Agency in Czech Republic. I've used decal printed by them and the ones I got have been excellent :)

-----------------

my last acquisition, with a bit of a sadness :(
Roden's 1/32 SE5a

602.jpg

The Viper version seems sold out almost everywhere.

I'm not really in a mood to build models at the moment, but I just might put this on top to build.

Jeroen

1 hour ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Coverage of RNZAF is very minimal - about 8 photographs (one in colo(u)r) and five profiles (three F4U-1A, two F4U-1D).

Cheers,  Rockie

Thanks for that. Will stick with what information I can get elsewhere then. Mainly, did they have the rocket stubs fitted or not is my main concern.

5 hours ago, Hartmann352 said:

I have this one. Read it years ago. Great book. Humbling.

Indeed it is. The tremendous effort many of these guys put into their actions, was indeed above and beyond the call. I also read (not in this book) that there were more medal of honor recipients from actions on Iwo Jima, than in all other campaigns the Americans were involved in during WWII. It was said that on Iwo, "uncommon valor was a common virtue".

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

No. Before actual release editors commonly show a temporary book cover that may be diffèrent from the final one. This explains that.

Osprey does that from time to time, as did Squadron/Signal. Speaking of book covers, the HMH title that I recently reviewed of the A-400 Atlas, didn't have the A-400 hyphenated on the cover, though it seems most subsequent copies have that error corrected. I suppose that makes my copy of the book somewhat unique.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, Iain said:

Nice surprise when the postie arrived this morning - the latest 1:32 decals from Ray at Fantasy Printshop.

Euro Decals ED32-136 2021 RAF Display Eurofighter Typhoon:

Will put a full review together over the weekend...

Iain

Nice. The other day I saw a rather striking scheme on a Saudi Typhoon. The same Saudi scheme was also on a Tornado and Eagle.