Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

On 12/22/2021 at 6:33 PM, Rick Griewski said:

Oh wow I built the Dornier kit when it first came out.  Freakin scary time travel thoughts coming back

I was just thinking the same thing. Looking at that picture was like jumping into the "Way Back" machine. Waaaay back....

16 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Most of the rest of my orders arrived at the post office today ...

I was excited for one kit in particular ... but very soon debated after opening the box it was packaged in ...

5 kits ordered out of Hong Kong ... and because of shipping restrictions all had to be packaged separately ... The package previously stuck in traffic also arrived ...

49f6l4R.jpg

Tamiya kits are becoming almost prohibitively expensive here now ... so a bulk buy out of Hong Kong was the go ... even with Shipping costs and currency conversion fees added, I paid approximately $40 AUD LESS per kit than here in Australia ... The 1st 3 kits arrived undamaged ...

27PwfS9.jpg

JQFzXYG.jpg

CsduHtu.jpg

The Corsair packaging suffered a minor compression ... as can be seen in the top LH corner ...

YmApbdt.jpg

EZZrQtV.jpg

I've written them a complaint - after all - if this was a trade item or a gift for someone, the value has just dropped through the floor - not impressed!!

Did you have any loose plastic in the box, not stuff off the sprue, inside a bag, but just loose pieces of plastic? I believe that one such piece in mine was originally the end of a USAAC-style pitot tube. The discovery leads me to believe that GWH really just has one tooling here, and that they went through the sprues before they bagged 'em and snipped off the pieces that are intended for later offerings, a P-40B, for instance. Interesting, as I don't believe that I've ever seen this kind of handling of sprues before.:unsure:

I'm super excited - I just bought (after many years of waiting and 1 scam), the re-released Dragon 1/350 1943 Scharnhorst. Got in now while they're available as I heard (true or not- unknown) that they will not be released again. Mind you, I think someone said that last time too but here we are. I'm guessing this re-release is aimed squarely at Trumpeter who are meant to be releasing their 1/350 Shinyhorse soon. I'm not worried about that though, I have been wanting this kit for so long and I'm happy its here again. BNA have them in stock now if your interested in one too

Delivered by despatch rider yesterday, this is the latest creation from Tim Perry (@wunwinglow) - a beautifully designed and SLA 3D printed kit of the Slingsby T31B, as used for decades by the Air Cadet organisation here in the UK:

48b427_5ee675fc4a894c26855b3d7e71a7f24f~

Will be putting together a review for LSP over the weekend, but this should be of interest to all the ex. Air Cadets out there, or anyone looking for something different!

More details at the weekend.

"All clear above and behind - take up slack - all out!"  :)

Iain

10 hours ago, Iain said:

Delivered by despatch rider yesterday, this is the latest creation from Tim Perry (@wunwinglow) - a beautifully designed and SLA 3D printed kit of the Slingsby T31B, as used for decades by the Air Cadet organisation here in the UK:

48b427_5ee675fc4a894c26855b3d7e71a7f24f~

Marvelous!  I love the RAF two tone red and white 

Almost forgot - these arrived last week - had been putting off ordering, then they went out of production...  :(

With Silver Wings announcing a limited re-run, to order, last year I had to make a purchase decision - what brilliant subjects!

48b427_a961929243574c2fb189c0ff50c2772d~

Already had the Hart and Demon kits - but so pleased with the new arrivals that I've just splurged out and ordered a Gauntlet too!  :coolio:

Iain

A few more books added to the pile:

DB4Xme.jpg

The first of the three books on the Yorktown class, and I'll soon be grabbing the other two.

VD9zze.jpg

The Mighty 8th book is done in a very similar fashion to the "Combat Missions" series from the same publisher, but I didn't even know it existed until a couple of weeks ago.

AuFJzI.jpg

And finally, the last of the ULAD 1:72 U-boat emblems that had eluded me for quite a long time; (three sets and I now have them all):

6mJbmb.jpg