Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

I haven't really had the time to relax and do a lot of build work ... mostly because I'm catching up with other, long overdue, chores or looking for my next job.

I HAVE, however, had time to hunt around for some more gear to add to the collection ... 

As I am inclined to do, with the sort of purchases I make, I build up a few "rewards" points with a variety of local (meaning Australian) outlets ... and along with some sort of periodical sale late last year, it netted me this:

DekZoy2.jpg

Sometime late last year a couple of things happened at around the same time ... I saw the latest movie about The Battle Of Midway and Infinity model advised that it was going to be releasing 32 scale Val's and Kate's this year ... that definitely got the creative ideas flowing for Pacific war subjects ... so I snagged these around Christmas time from one of my main suppliers ...

UsYV8Cx.jpg

GYuVTin.jpg

Apparently the Avenger will need some small modifying to turn it into the correct variant for Midway - have a really nice example of a build bookmarked for this purpose - though no build thread :( ... and the SBD will need some small decal adjustment for Best's kite ... Thach's Wildcat will happen curtesy of this kit which I had to go to a previously unused suppler for ... 

Vl73x2U.jpg

- eventually - as I ordered special decals from an AM supplier in the US ... which were promptly returned to the sender by USPS! Not all that happy with the moron either, who - 1/ instead of asking if I'd like the refund first (as opposed to waiting for restrictions to ease - and reattempting postage) - 2/ refunded me the amount - less fees which, along with the currency transfer, incurred me a loss

... and then 3/ blamed MY COUNTRY for HIS COUNTRY'S shipping restrictions!! (insert some VERY profane words here!!) :blowup:

*** IF anyone knows where I can get some 32 scale Decals (or masks) for Thach's markings OUTSIDE the USA ... please give me a heads up - TIA ***

To "bulk out" the order for the free shipping ... I grabbed some Grenadier figures to use - because you can never have too many different poses :)

1dQ8nWZ.jpg

KUxnLy1.jpg

At around the same time I used some more reward points to pre-purchase this monster ... The Das Werk 1/16 StuG ... Because the PzKpfwIII chassis is my favourite :) ... It just arrived at the post office yesterday ...

U5UHMsA.jpg

It also gave a profile that I'll put to use for my TAKOM 35 scale StuG ...

mjpACAt.jpg?1

While I was looking around to source the new Great Wall Hobby P.40 ... I ended up reading a little about the Ki.43 Hayabusa ... Although completely different, it used the same philosophy in design and was commonly referred to as the "army Zero" ... looking around online for one proved to be a bit of a headache though, as it seems Hasegawa is rolling back production on 32 scale AC models. This prompted another splurge in buying ... Particularly Hasegawa Kits!! ... but also others ...

This order, from a local supplier, arrived yesterday also ...

I wanted the StuH.42 for the Kursk gear and also, maybe, I may have use for the Marder.I ... The Hasegawa George happened to be in stock along with a couple of sets of Master's phenomenal turned brass ...

HjuNJDk.jpg

6bHPvBQ.jpg

UNR8rNE.jpg

1riF2nf.jpg

There is another order from a local supplier that is stuck in the traffic jam due to train line damage that recent el-weirdo weather conditions caused. So that one will be posted here once it arrives ...

Meanwhile I got busy internationally :) ... Ordering kits out of Japan or Hong Kong (from local manufacturers in the region) is usually much cheaper that buying them here ... there's a catch though (isn't there always??) ... Shipping is prohibitively expensive IF you are only buying the one kit!

If you are buying in bulk, however ... shipping is a boon! ... the shipping cost per item decreases exponentially ... most times ... Apparently Japan has followed the USA's example of "banning" certain countries ... although there ARE workarounds with certain global couriers.

I've got a couple of orders still inbound from Hong Kong along with the delayed package ex-east coast ... but this one arrived from Plaza Japan today ...

SzEIHwo.jpg

With a little "thank you" note and gift :)

EuAzcr5.jpg

... And a few Hasegawa Kits ...

zLqxk9J.jpg

CyKZDyU.jpg

vgnqanp.jpg

Along with this re-release of an old kit that fascinated me when I first saw it a couple of years back ...

ll7S36l.jpg

Thats all for now ... more to post later

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

[…]

Vl73x2U.jpg

[…]

*** IF anyone knows where I can get some 32 scale Decals (or masks) for Thach's markings OUTSIDE the USA ... please give me a heads up - TIA ***

[…]

Rog :)

Hi Rog,

take a look here:

https://www.dersockelshop.de/wolfpack-wd32004?number=WD32004

Even for reduced price at the moment.

Regards, Nils

Trip to town ...

IMG-3816.jpg

IMG-3901.jpg

Where my 19 year father served on board in 1947 as a young AB engineer , main engine control room . At 94 he's unlikely ever to be able to get in here again , but hopefully will enjoy the 00's of pics we took .

IMG-3875.jpg

IMG-3753.jpg

Yup...... HMS Belfast . 

Most of the rest of my orders arrived at the post office today ...

I was excited for one kit in particular ... but very soon debated after opening the box it was packaged in ...

5 kits ordered out of Hong Kong ... and because of shipping restrictions all had to be packaged separately ... The package previously stuck in traffic also arrived ...

49f6l4R.jpg

Tamiya kits are becoming almost prohibitively expensive here now ... so a bulk buy out of Hong Kong was the go ... even with Shipping costs and currency conversion fees added, I paid approximately $40 AUD LESS per kit than here in Australia ... The 1st 3 kits arrived undamaged ...

27PwfS9.jpg

JQFzXYG.jpg

CsduHtu.jpg

The Corsair packaging suffered a minor compression ... as can be seen in the top LH corner ...

YmApbdt.jpg

But the kit that I was really looking forward to was compressed pretty badly :( damaging some of the packaging inside ...

HOyHxZe.jpg

8QQQO2m.jpg?1

p343Ek1.jpg

x4PkYDi.jpg

EZZrQtV.jpg

I've written them a complaint - after all - if this was a trade item or a gift for someone, the value has just dropped through the floor - not impressed!!

The delayed package ex-east carried the last 32 scale Hasegawa kit they had in stock ...

jeyhOwS.jpg

While - to fill out the order and get free shipping - I grabbed these 2 kits ...

Link and length tracks are provided for this New Tool Tamiya 38(t) ... thereby removing one of the only real flaws in Tamiya 35 scale kits as an option.

Detail is wonderful and the addition of a figure is always welcome.

L29UHnz.jpg

Dragons latest effort ... A joint venture with a Japanese company Mono to provide Japanese instructions in a rebooted Dragon tooling - a long sought after kit for me ... a Marder III Ausf.H ...

The kit contents include 3d printed resin grills, photo etch, metal gun barrel as well as a DS cast tarpaulin cover AND Magic Track :D

JtRrame.jpg

Cheers

Rog :)