Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

23 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

To satisfy my lust for 1:16 armor, I just snatched this, using excess Christmas gift money. I'm a happy guy!

YCxZOz.jpg

I cannot imagine you unhappy.  This kit is very easy to build and is a good built up size on the shelf for a /16 scale model.

4 hours ago, Shawn M said:

my new tool ROG SR-71 kit arrived today!

Had to get the euro boxing as I had to have the engines :)

damn is this box BIG

What!  I have to think and plan to get the engines?  So if I buy the dollar boxing and not the euro boxing then no engines?  That’s good to know. I never would have suspected such intrigue. 

One of my greatest discoveries since joining a modelling club is that old guys who realize they'll never build the 500 kits they bought are happy to sell them for under half price, often with AM that they purchased for those same kits years ago.  Sadly for me, my local club is all about armor and figures.  So I don't get my LSP's or any other aircraft there.

IMG_0452.thumb.JPG.22b202d0cdc3367f67c25

All of these three plus AM written on the label on the box for under $50US.

Gaz, the fact is that most modelers collect over their life,  far more than they can or will even build. Many keep their collection as is. Others, like me, slowly reduce different aspects of their collections. I've sold or traded all my 1/24th kits, and now am sorting my 1/35th armor to sell or trade. For most I suspect it is a natural progression.