Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

3 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

It's quiet at work today so I did a little on line shopping and now have these baby's coming in the mail....

Model Collect 1/72 Scale B-52H Early Type Stratofortress Strategic Bomber  Limit Ver - Plastic Model Building Kit # UA72208, Aircraft - Amazon Canada

Very nice! How is the modelcollect kit?

Does it need anything?

15 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very nice! How is the modelcollect kit?

Does it need anything?

It has mixed reviews but from what I have seen on line it's the best of the three available.  I don't have the kit yet but I'll let know know when it arrives.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, LSP_Ron said:

It's quiet at work today so I did a little on line shopping and now have these baby's coming in the mail....

Model Collect 1/72 Scale B-52H Early Type Stratofortress Strategic Bomber  Limit Ver - Plastic Model Building Kit # UA72208, Aircraft - Amazon Canada

image.jpeg.344aa3ddd2c1841eaa163f501ab1cc69.jpeg

ACY12112 - 1/35 US Army UH-1C "Frog" By ACADEMY @ Great Hobbies

I see the big picture:

In 1956 a newly comissioned B-52 crossed by a navigational error the Iron curtain and went into Czch, were it got shot down by an Czech AF S-92 (still in service then) while trying to make it back. The US AF called in a prototype of the UH-1 chopper still beeing in trial to sneak across the border for a secret SAR mission to rescue the crew. Will they succeed or fail...? :punk:

Don't be too strict about some of the aircraft beeing later variants. It's a movie, and there are no longer airworthy originals of the early marks. and we always prefer real air action over CGI. Right? Right!

Regards

- dutik

Big haul arrived today:

drones0j0jaa.jpg

4 kits.

3 airworthy drones.

2 thingees making Boom!

1 amphib.

Guess you see what the amphib is. It was remote controlled too, so it's another drone. And it had 4 RATO boosters strapped onto the deck to facilitate the transition from water to shore. The RATOs had way more boost than the whole vehicle had weight, so in was possible to put it upright onto the rear and launch it vertically into the air :punk:

Schiebel Camcopter and Fire Scout together:

mq-2qfjqk.jpg

The sheer size of the Italian 305 mm howitzer:

ds-10fjji.jpg

Looks like a rocking horse, indeed. A rocking horse for big boys :speak_cool:

Regards

- dutik

I've just added two more books to my aviation library, and am very happy with my purchase.

xOsO3x.jpg

Here's the contents of each:

Y7zki9.jpg

kFRJ3c.jpg

These books provide a great insight into aviation in WW2 and the post war era, and the problems encountered with the early jets as they approached the speed of sound.  The chapter on the De Havilland Swallow is particularly interesting.

Both are a must have if you're interested in this period of aviation, written by one of, if not the, foremost test pilots in the history of aviation.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi all,

These are my latest additions to the stash:

pnqnDs4Sj

I bought this one as I always wanted to have a helo with folded rotors and tailboom. And when Kittyhawk announced their closure I had to be fast!

poiNSqg3j

This Golden Oldy(?) I bought for the decals I won with last years Christmas Raffle. I bought Tamiya F-4C/D but the sprues to convert it to a F-4B are way too expensive for  me, so I opted for this option.

With regards,

Rob

P.S. If some-one can point me to the correct instruction manual for the Seahawk, it i smuch appreciated!