1:32 F-105G Thunderchief

JMcD

My least favorite cold war jet of the US... I simply don't like it and I don't know why! Intakes, empennage or the nozzle?? Even the SEA camouflage does not make me like it and I don't even know why I built it in the first place... maybe just hoping that it would reverse my feelings but... nope... 

Kit's your everyday Trumpeter, with highs and lows. Surface details ok, poor cockpit detail with nothing to mention of, ejection seats in particular, hence the closed canopies which is uncommon for my modeling taste. Not a gem for me in my 1:32nd scale collection but anyway, here it is for your views and comments... Fire at will :) 

12.jpg

20190603154804.jpg

06.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

04.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

08.jpg

What i love the most are the soft edges between colors and the modulation of each color, especially the white where you can see the grey/black shadow under it. 
did you tape the camo color areas off or do something different to get that soft edge?

Love the F-105...if you ever saw a real one taxi and then light that afterburner that had water injection

to get that big Republic Aviation aircraft off the ground was an awesome sight. Big...loud...badass..

MIG killer and SAM site killer. Awesome job on a great aircraft!

Cheers...Ron

On 5/20/2021 at 6:24 AM, themongoose said:

What i love the most are the soft edges between colors and the modulation of each color, especially the white where you can see the grey/black shadow under it. 
did you tape the camo color areas off or do something different to get that soft edge?

Patafix of UHU... Just roll it on a flat surface to same thickness "worms", then firmly press and stick these worms on the surface to follow the camouflage pattern. That will give you a nice looking soft edge when spraying the paint. Better with a quality airbrush of course...