Im back!

Out2gtcha

The Pileated Woodpecker is awesome.  Every time I see one it takes my breathe away.  The size of a crow!  I also saw an Indigo bunting this week.  Superb bird sighting for sure.  Welcome back Brian!  Sorry to see the tooth incident.   ouch!

Love the Jeep dude!  

20210509_193141-XL.jpg

OUCH, MF!

'The Pileated Woodpecker is awesome.  Every time I see one it takes my breathe away.  The size of a crow!'

I live in the outlying forest off of greenway, on an acre and a half.  I'm lucky to have 3 routinely visit my bird feeders.  Two adults, one male, one female, and a juvenile female.  The are a majestic bird.  Watching them fly, with a wingspan up tp 30", is a wonderful moment.

Sincerely,

Mark

On 5/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks Martin!

I forgot to mention another "not-so-great" moment on the trip...................

I was taking down one of the folded up aluminum extending awning poles, and like a dumba$$, was staring straight up at it when I did, and it let go and smashed right into my front teeth. Even left a huge powdery white dent in the pole!    Bit O dental work ahead for me

Ouch!! I did that years ago falling on a rock while fishing. I've had it repaired 3x now! The last one was a crown, so I think that will stay put....

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Granger Davis said:

You traversed through my old neck of the woods.... I grew up just downstream from Cave In Rock, in Cairo, where the Ohio flows into the Mississippi, and lived in the Carbondale/Marion, Illinois area most of my life until three years ago. Nice trip for you!!!

Indeed, Cave in the Rock state park was a great little park, and taking the Jeep & trailer on the ferry across the Ohio was a super cool experience.