1/32 Supermarine Spitfire LF Mk.Vb YO-A 401 Sqn RCAF.

monthebiff

6 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Hi Andy,

Iv'e got the exact same project ongoing at the moment with the trio in the pipeline.

I'm using the HB kit for the mkVb with the HPH conversion set although i'm currently on the MK Viii using Tamiyas lovely kit. 

the decals look amazing.  

Ah nice, all three are great subjects aren't they! Although expensive I'm really liking Exito decals packaging with great schemes, really nice A4 artwork for each scheme and superb Cartograph decals of course. 

I have the 109 set as well which is very cool indeed and hopefully they will upscale a few of their other releases as well.

Regards. Andy 

5 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Very interesting project, Andy!  The glamour artwork on the fuselage is really eyecatching.

Really nice decal sheet John, have you seen the 109 sheet they have as I would guess its right up your street  I have it and the F-4 scheme is really nice!

Regards. Andy 

17 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

My wife unearthed the old Hasegawa MkVI kit not too long ago and my first thought was that I'd never build that.  Now you've started me thinking of a MkV conversion later on. 

:popcorn::popcorn:

Cheers,

Michael

Go on, do it! Can't beat a Mk.V just a shame we don't have a modern tool Mk.I or V to be honest.

Regards. Andy 

Apart from the radiator and oil cooler I'm thinking I have the A toB wing conversion done. I'm sure under a full coat of primer a little more work will be needed but happy so far.

20210518-230249.jpg

20210518-230329.jpg

20210518-230310.jpg

The AML resin needs some careful cutting and sanding but fits very nicely as does the Tamiya clipped wing tips.

Regards. Andy 

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress on the fuselage halves, externally the recessed rivet detail has been filled and sanded with Mr dissolved putty between the tail fillet and foward cockpit in readiness for Archer resin rivet detail and then internally adding Barracudacast resin details and some plasticard detail as well.

20210607-194917.jpg

20210607-194846.jpg

Need to add some wiring but otherwise all sorted and just the cockpit floor assembly to finish now.

Regards. Andy 

• 1 year later...