Gemini Space Model(s) by Dragon

Anyone have and or build the  1:72 Dragon Apollo 10 CSM + LM + LES kit or other

space exploration models in 1/72 from Dragon?  Any no joy build problems?  

I am finishing up the 1/72 Horizon Models Redstone series rockets and I am now kinda hooked on this era of models. 
 Thanks in advance 

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Gemini Space Model(s) by Dragon

I don't have the Gemini, but have the Horizon Mercury capsules and launchers. They do an Atlas and a Redstone, plus the military and several early satellite versions in injection molded plastic with good detail. I wish they would release a Titan booster in injection, but Real Space Models and even Anigrand sell resin ones.

You can find quite a few X-20 kits out there, but I like the 3D printed one I found on ebay from a guy in the UK. I'd like to put that one on a Titan booster or several versions of one. It didn't fly, but I sure fantasized about that as a kid and even carved a wooden model of it. That pilot wouldn't have been described as "SPAM in a can" as some said about Mercury.

You could probably build a rocket garden starting with the V-2 and maybe even a kit of Goddard's rocket all in the small 1/72 scale... reasonably small except for when you try to build Apollo, Shuttle stack or maybe the Russian versions of Soyuz or the N-1 moon rocket... (not too likely to get that kit).

We just can't place these in the same shelf with our 1/32 scale aircraft and see them in the same scale. Oh well, but if your interests go to fantasy, you can put Battlestar or Trek or Star Wars models next to them and fill up any shelf you want in 1/72.

Tnarg

If you go back through the back issues of FSM you'll find that it's been done , originally built as a flying model, the gentleman couldn't bring himself to fly , so he turned it into a static model and added a LUT and launch pad.. such brilliant madness! -