Quoting multiple posts?

Woody V

I've seen this done in the WIP forum where the builder quotes multiple responders in a single answer, but I can't figure out how it's done.  How do you quote multiple responses in a single response? 

If that makes any sense. 

There are two ways of doing it that I've found that work. One is to simply keep clicking on the 'quote' link under each post you want to quote, and this will keep adding those posts to your new one.

The other way, which can be considered more 'official', is to use the little 'plus' or 'cross' icon just to the left of the 'quote' link. This is the dedicated MultiQuote tool; you simply click on it under each post you wish to quote, and then when you create your reply, those quoted posts will be there also. Or at least, that's how I remember it working! Anyway, it's not hard to figure out.

Kev

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

There are two ways of doing it that I've found that work. One is to simply keep clicking on the 'quote' link under each post you want to quote, and this will keep adding those posts to your new one.

The other way, which can be considered more 'official', is to use the little 'plus' or 'cross' icon just to the left of the 'quote' link. This is the dedicated MultiQuote tool; you simply click on it under each post you wish to quote, and then when you create your reply, those quoted posts will be there also. Or at least, that's how I remember it working! Anyway, it's not hard to figure out.

Kev

Yep, the little add symbol is always what I've used.

See if this works...

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

19 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yep, the little add symbol is always what I've used.

Okay, let me note a twist in the process. I clicked on the "+" beside "quote" on both messages. A black-framed box appeared off to the lower right which indicated that 2 posts were being quoted. The twist occurred insofar as I had to click on the black-framed box to get my message to actually populate with the two quotations. Interesting.

7 minutes ago, ivanmoe said:

See if this works...

Okay, let me note a twist in the process. I clicked on the "+" beside "quote" on both messages. A black-framed box appeared off to the lower right which indicated that 2 posts were being quoted. The twist occurred insofar as I had to click on the black-framed box to get my message to actually populate with the two quotations. Interesting.

Yes, that's the way it works.