Pilot boarding position and motion advice needed

Hey Guys, I’m working on a vignette for my F-5E in the air superiority GB and need some advice to make this look reasonable. The scene I’m doing for the agressor has the boarding step deployed from the side of the fuselage.  I’ve got 2 possible positions below for the action of the pilot boarding. Could you guys look at them and tell me if one represents reality or if I need to try a different pose to make it look realistic?

Position 1 - note, in both poses the step will have to be added to the rod.

IMG_0292-338x450.jpg

IMG_0293-338x450.jpg

IMG_0294-338x450.jpg

position 2 - maybe curl the fingers in more for the final pose if this one is used?

IMG_0295-338x450.jpg

IMG_0297-338x450.jpg

IMG_0298-338x450.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 7:25 AM, Joe Hegedus said:

I didn’t think the F-5 had an internal boarding ladder; I thought it was a separate piece of SE like is in the 1/32 Hasegawa kit?

Yep, even had a surprised response over in the F-5 thread! Here’s the pic I'm working from. A couple guys posted detail shots so i could get the location and details right. The scale isn’t right, step seems much higher in this pic(credit to airwing spotter) then what it has to be on the model to keep his knee out of his chest lol, but that has to do with KittyHawk and the figure in my opinion ;-)

CC46FFAA-132E-425B-BEBA-8BE34A9235D3-600

Ive decided on pose 2. Great input guys. It came down to the position of the left shoulder. Reaching up like that means the left shoulder drops alot, making 2 the pose of choice given what i have to work with. As well can’t be shooting down the wristwatch, too funny!

8 hours ago, themongoose said:

Yep, even had a surprised response over in the F-5 thread! Here’s the pic I'm working from. A couple guys posted detail shots so i could get the location and details right. The scale isn’t right, step seems much higher in this pic(credit to airwing spotter) then what it has to be on the model to keep his knee out of his chest lol, but that has to do with KittyHawk and the figure in my opinion ;-)

CC46FFAA-132E-425B-BEBA-8BE34A9235D3-600

Most interesting; I never knew that.  OK, I can go back to bed now - I learned something new so the day has been a success.  

I wonder if that was something that was added as part of updates, or if it was always there?  Detail and Scale didn't say anything about an internal step.

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Suspect it was always there. The T-38 has them too; but we rarely used them..unless we landed somewhere where they didn’t have a compatible boarding ladder.

cheers 

Pete

Ok, I learned 2 new things today.