Bringing a B17 home

Gday everyone. I've been away from the bench for a few months, moving around the country sees all my gear Still in storage, but hopefully not for much longer!

In the mean time, you guys will probably appreciate the reason for the move; back wrenching on REAL planes. Corporate jets are fast and all, but going home clean every, not stinking of 5606 and avgas? Wheres the fun in that?

First task, get the boss' newest acquisition ready to bring home.  

IMG_20210428_192040_512

A weeks worth of solid work our team had the old girl ready to ferry to her new home in East Texas. 

IMG_20210416_130946_702

Happily, the flight home was flawless.

IMG_20210427_221721_363

She'll be in maintenance for a little while before she's back in the air, but progress is being made. She'll grace the air once more!

IMG_20210428_192309_311

One of these days I'll make my back to the bench :lol:

Denzil.

19 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Denzil

What a beauty. Where in East Texas is she home based? Lone Star Air Museum in Galveston?

Cheers,

Damian

Lone Star is the one that sold it. Last I read it was sold to Mid America Flight Museum in Mount Pleasant TX

Ron

17 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

Lone Star is the one that sold it. Last I read it was sold to Mid America Flight Museum in Mount Pleasant TX

Ron

Thanks, Ron. Mt. Pleasant is pretty close to where I live. Neat.

Damian

6 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Jesus, I certainly hope the new owners put the correct nose glazing back on the thing and get rid of the scanning type windows on either side of the nose….

Thank you. 

Beautiful bird to be sure, but I was looking at the nose, raising an eyebrow, thinking I was losing it.