1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat "Kicked Up A Notch": New eBook Now Available!

chuck540z3

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

I'm at a loss. These political images are not visible on the third page. But Chuck's images are available to me from the first and second pages. I just need to click on preview. I'm not offended by these political images. Everything is good. Let's end the discussion and continue building models!

Screenshot-20220429-232744-Chrome.jpg

Now that these early images show up, it makes me laugh.  Now that the model is finished and the seat is installed, you would be very hard pressed to see any of this detail behind the seat, even with a flashlight and close-up corrected vision.  I recall it was a ton of work correcting the wiring and adding some Adriatic Resin items, so it was obviously mostly a waste of time.  Oh well, at least I know it's there!  ^_^

Cheers,

Chuck

We need to enjoy the work we do. Few of us can see the finished model in your home. In this place we see all the stages, not just the finished result. I think many remember this model with this detail. This is cool!
Your work inspires me. I build in 1/72 scale and try to do the same. This is Eduard MiG-21MF

20200420-171332.jpg

Edited by Memphis

On 4/29/2022 at 4:57 PM, chuck540z3 said:

Oh well, at least I know it's there!  ^_^

Hah!!  I guess most of us have similar stories.  My favorite is the carburetor on my R-2800 (on the bottom, and soon as I get the engine accessories compartment on the Corsair done, will be ENTIRELY invisible).  I worked my tail off on that carb. 

Edited by JayW

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys,

For those of you about to commence building this kit, I'm very happy to report that the next KLP Publishing eBook will be of this very build.  Link is here:

Building the Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat in 1/24 Scale

If this eBook is anything like the other Build Guides that Kevin has done of my past models, it will not be just a regurgitation of what you can find in this thread, if you have the patience to sift through all the background noise and a few mistakes I made along the way.  It will be loaded with what's available for aftermarket items so that you can pick and choose what to buy before you commence assembly, amongst other Hellcat information not found in this thread.  I am honored that Kevin has chosen this build for his next eBook and all proceeds go to his growing ePublishing business.

Cheers,

Chuck

• chuck540z3 changed the title to "Building the Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat in 1/24 Scale" coming soon....
  • chuck540z3 changed the title to 1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat "Kicked Up A Notch": New eBook Available!

All,

As indicated above, Kevin Futter has pulled this build thread together into another eBook at KLP Publishing, which is now ready for release.  As usual, Kevin has done a terrific job of sifting through all 38 pages of this build and explaining many things better than I did, so that you have a step by step build guide that should make building this kit much simpler and clearer than what you might be able to do on your own.  This is a great kit, but it does have many challenges that I wish I knew about before I started this model, so this eBook will help you with most of them.  At 262 pages, this book has a full review of the kit itself, along with a comprehensive appendix of all the aftermarket items available to enhance it.  A "must have" in my humble opinion, and all proceeds go to Kevin's growing publishing business.

Building the Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat in 1/24 Scale

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

• chuck540z3 changed the title to 1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat "Kicked Up A Notch": New eBook Now Available!