1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat "Kicked Up A Notch": New eBook Now Available!

chuck540z3

Chuck,

In addition to my former suggestions, what about a Typhoon or a Tornado?

In 1:32 the Typhoon is pretty well served by Revell. Same it is true about the Tornado given that both the Revell and the Italeri are great kits (can't tell you why but I still like the Revell the best).

Best, Lucio

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!  Anything Russian is definitely not of interest to me for obvious current reasons (:() and although I really like to see the helicopters built here, I'm just not a chopper guy.  Not surprisingly, the F-86 idea has a lot of issues that I was not aware of, so the F-16 Adversary/Aggressor idea seems to be rising to the top, especially since I don't need to buy anything for it, including lots of aftermarket stuff.   We'll see what happens. ;)

Update:

As with my Tempest, CF-104 and Harvard builds, I'm happy to report that this 1/24 Hellcat build will be in a future eBook from KLP Publishing!  Kevin has a lot of other builds in the hopper before this book, but sooner or later you will be able to buy a reference book with step by step instructions on building this kit, along with many other references, without sifting through all the noise in this thread.  For the record, all proceeds from these books go directly to Kevin's new growing business venture.

Cheers,

Chuck

8 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!  Anything Russian is definitely not of interest to me for obvious current reasons (:() and although I really like to see the helicopters built here, I'm just not a chopper guy.  Not surprisingly, the F-86 idea has a lot of issues that I was not aware of, so the F-16 Adversary/Aggressor idea seems to be rising to the top, especially since I don't need to buy anything for it, including lots of aftermarket stuff.   We'll see what happens. ;)

Update:

As with my Tempest, CF-104 and Harvard builds, I'm happy to report that this 1/24 Hellcat build will be in a future eBook from KLP Publishing!  Kevin has a lot of other builds in the hopper before this book, but sooner or later you will be able to buy a reference book with step by step instructions on building this kit, along with many other references, without sifting through all the noise in this thread.  For the record, all proceeds from these books go directly to Kevin's new growing business venture.

Cheers,

Chuck

Great news sir. I will definitely get a copy. Thanks, John 

What about a 1/32 F-16B/MLU? with the 'Blue Splinter' scheme, there's lots of NSI (normal size intake), P&W exhausts.  KASL hobby just released the "older" wing tip launch rail (they're more gracile compared to the new/bigger/thicker ones on todays vipers), they even make the light weight landing gear and gear bay doors and such, KASL and a few other aftermarket places like 'Isracast' do make the older style vertical stabilizers or at least parts to modify them, you can use some academy parts from their F-16I kit to backdate/modify for the cockpit, specifically the rear cockpit version, there's also a resin 1/32 F-16A cockpit (although I can't remember the manufacturer)?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gone through every page in the thread on my laptop - and nothing.

Either there's an issue with Imageshack - or you may have picked up some malware Memphis?

Iain

46 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I can see the political images in the quoted posts, both on my phone and laptop, which I've just hidden, whereas the images which Chuck has posted appear as he posted.

I too can see the war political messages on my phone. I have not tried my PC

Nothing seen on iPhone.

Brian - were you referring to the screen grab that Memphis posted, or the post at the very beginning of the thread:

Is anyone else seeing the spam images on that post?

Iain