Whoops!

RLWP

It would have been a laugh if the temporary-pad mats had been sucked up into the propellers. 

I remember reading about an OH-6A Loach crew in Vietnam who got some old barbed-wire wrapped around their main rotor, when taking off from outside a forward-operating base. Let's just say, it didn't end well....

Chris. 

I don’t understand why nothing can land there after the rubber matting has been tidied up. Where does the Helicopter land when it attends an incident? It’s not like someone drives out ahead of it to lay a rubber mat at the incident site is it? I’ve seen the local Air Ambulance parked up in many a field not a rubber pad in sight. Surely someone there can Paint a big H on all that grass.

34 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

I don’t understand why nothing can land there after the rubber matting has been tidied up. Where does the Helicopter land when it attends an incident? It’s not like someone drives out ahead of it to lay a rubber mat at the incident site is it? I’ve seen the local Air Ambulance parked up in many a field not a rubber pad in sight. Surely someone there can Paint a big H on all that grass.

Mu guess is that an Air Ambulance lands in a field to recover a casualty just once and doesn't return to that spot.

It lands on the hospital helipad often causing erosion of the ground

Just my guess...

Richard

• 3 weeks later...