Gotha G.I (1/32, Wingnut Wings)

PrzemoL

This is what I managed to build from the huge box almost 2 years ago. Gotha G.I 42/15 Feodora. Not an easy build at all, especially when one faces the unusual for WNW faults in manufacture - misaligned mould halves leading to some severe sanding work - all the bits required a lot of treatment. Especially thin lines/cables/pipes... Anyway, still, when the parts are cleaned what remains is a set of quite finely fitting elements - quite a bonus when one takes into account the unorthodox form of this aircraft.
All in all, I am very happy to have this weird bird in my cabinet.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Wow!...that is outstanding work!

Beautifully done on what must have been a very tricky build,.....I still can't believe that a subject like that was ever kitted as a scale model, unbelievable.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Yes, the subject is unusual, and just like Jeff and Matt I can hardly believe it was kitted and that it finally proved to be the last call from WNW, possibly one of the reasons for their downfall.

And yes, it was quite tricky to build, in this case I deliberately ignored the assembly sequence proposed by WNW deeming it would cause more problems. Instead of building the complete wings cellule and then connect it with the fuselage, I decided to attach the lower wing to the fuselage first and then the upper wings. Worked fine for me even if the outermost struts required much tweeking to be squeezed between the wing tips, where the gap due to the lower wings overdone dihedral was too small. But luckily the struts pushed the wings apart and sustained the load without buckling. The model does not show any sign of fatigue since 1.5 year.

Edited by PrzemoL