Atlantis Models / Convair Space Shuttle

patricksparks

I needed a break from reality modeling, so I picked up the  Atlantis "Convair Space Shuttle" 1:156 scale ???

Ph7oTqa.png

Like all my other projects I just can't bring myself to building out of the box, so into the spare parts box and searching the web for ideas and then finding graphics images that I downloaded and re-sized to create decals for this project.

What I came up with is the Strategic Air Commands "SUB ORBITAL BOMBER" or the SOB-66 ???

I have added shrike missle halves to the main booster body to look like fairings that real spacecraft use and couple Rolls Royce Merlin engine parts to the bottom ring. I added some bits and pieces to the "Conformal Fuel Tank" just to liven it up a bit. The fuel tank is painted to look as if it is made of "composite" materials. The shuttle had no windows so I cut some in and fitted some gold mirrored plastic into the openings, all the details on the shuttle are painted and mostly decals that I made. Thank goodness I had plenty of spare stencil decals which is key to making this simple model look "complicated". Still have a bit to go, all the paint is Tamiya spray can lacquers(love this stuff).

ZMHtyIk.jpgL9DYOuR.jpgHbr3W47.jpgkKJ3JNr.jpg1z7bKfS.jpgQ6kn4LZ.jpgIeWDeqU.jpg