1/32 AV-8B Harrier, Trumpeter

Scale: 1/32

Kit: Trumpeter

Aircraft: AV-8B Harrier

Unit: USMC VMA 311 Tomcats

Aftermarket: Aerobonus Pilot with Seat

Paint: Ammo by MiG Jinenez, Vallejo, Tamiya

Weathering: Flory Models Washes, Oilbrusher Ammo, Panel Line Wash Ammo

I am pleased to present you latest finished model. It is the Trumpeter rendering of the Harrier. No alterations made, straight OOB with only the addition of an Aerobonus (Aires) pilot with seat as the kit seat really did not look proper. I am doubting the helmet used on the figure fits the era, (I would prefer the pilot to have an HGU-55) but I left it as is mainly as I had no spare head sitting around. 
The kit itself was actually built by a friend of mine and it was for me to do the finishing and final painting and weathering so my friend did all the heavy lifting of the build so I cannot comment on how the kit falls together. I am aware that the kit has obvious shape issues and inaccuracies however the model does resemble a Harrier for me. Tried some new things in terms of weathering for me. In the end I am happy with results. 
Happy modeling everyone and stay safe! 

Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter Av-8B Harrier 1/32 Trumpeter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...