Did Eduard launch 3d decals ip silently

Neo

Hi guys 

I was reading the Eduard newsletter this morning and on one of the item it said for a limited time this will include a set of Space item number #### 

I got curious and went for a peek and to my suprise i saw that they have a new product line called Space and they are 3d printed IP's allot like redfox and Quintas 

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/space-–-3d-decals/?cur=2

There are 2 or more that are 1/32 including a tornado gr4 https://www.eduard.com/eduard/space-–-3d-decals/tornado-gr-4-space-1-32.html?cur=2

Im surprised ive not seen any mentions or review! 

Any thoughts

Neo

There have been mentions of the SPACE decal for the GR.4 in one of the big Italeri GR.4 threads.  It’s a nice set, but I think the raised knobs and details are a little shallower than the Quinta sets that I have.  Price is good, though, and it includes a small PE set with seat belts and a couple of other cockpit details.

Interestingly, Eduard also just released a Löök set with colored resin IP parts (but no side consoles) to compete with themselves.    For some reason, the panel color on the Löök set is a lot lighter than on the SPACE set.

Edited by Dave Williams

I have some for the 1/48 Eduard P-51D. They came free with the Weekend Edition I picked up at the time I was buying it direct from Eduard. Print quality/fidelity isn’t quite up to Quinta levels, probably on a par with Red Fox but the one drawback with Quinta is their colour matching or are all my MRP paints wrong? Either way, the 2 sets rarely come close to matching each other. Red Fox try to match I think its MRP or Gunze, or it maybe Yahu that does Gunze. I’ll be using bits of the Quinta set and Eduard set for my P-51D. I don’t know what the 1/32 stuff is like. 

• 2 weeks later...