MH-6M Little Bird

Alright, I have a question.  If I remember correctly, we tried to give the Afghan army a bunch of these things but they didn’t want them because of DA issues where they would fly them - apparently they lacked the power to operate safely in the mountains.  That having been said and considering the diminutive size of an OH-6, could one pick up six big guys and a backseat full of stuff and still fly?  Know nothing about ‘em, never flown in one, not sure I’ve ever seen one up close, but wondering nonetheless.

59 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Alright, I have a question.  If I remember correctly, we tried to give the Afghan army a bunch of these things but they didn’t want them because of DA issues where they would fly them - apparently they lacked the power to operate safely in the mountains.  That having been said and considering the diminutive size of an OH-6, could one pick up six big guys and a backseat full of stuff and still fly?  Know nothing about ‘em, never flown in one, not sure I’ve ever seen one up close, but wondering nonetheless.

For sure- Tons of images of just that load, but most of them are from Iraq-

cheers

P

7 minutes ago, Timmy! said:

That’s a very tall stand.  You sure you have enough horses and men if that thing falls off?

It’s tall.

but it’s also fat.

This display is more of a limerick than a nursery rhyme. “Humpty Dumpty sat on a stick- Humpty Dumpty had a big…”

well- you get it.

Pigfighter

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

33 minutes ago, Dukie99 said:

Love the Nightstalker patch. Is that metal and enamel? Would go nicely next to my MH-47G. Is that on sale somewhere or do you need to be one of legitimate sons of Ares to land one?

Most impressive base for sure

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

it’s a metal emblem with an adhesive back. Found it on Amazon-

cheers

P

15 minutes ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Love the base and so will all the old fogies (like me) who go to shows and don't have to bend over to check it out. 

ahhh…my secret is out! Yes! Elevation at a comfortable viewing height for grumpy old contest judges-

looking forward to applying your rivets to this one soon!

cheers

P