MH-6M Little Bird

Read just a couple of days ago that SOCOM or somebody is trying to decide whether to keep Little Birds in the inventory or retire them.  These are pretty unique critters;  not sure there is anything like a 1 to 1 replacement out there right now.  But that never stopped the bean counters.

19 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Read just a couple of days ago that SOCOM or somebody is trying to decide whether to keep Little Birds in the inventory or retire them.  These are pretty unique critters;  not sure there is anything like a 1 to 1 replacement out there right now.  But that never stopped the bean counters.

SOCOM, for the most part, tends to get a pass from the bean counters.  

Thanks all for the kind encouragement!

I hit this stuff with a gloss coat..a few placards and oil wash. The wash evens everything out a bunch. Flat coat next-

first aid kit is from Live Resin. Red Cross decal from Werner Wings..

zSoB16x.jpg

ldqqLRb.jpg

Fire extinguisher from the H-60 kit-

8rvu7ep.jpg

cheers for now

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

8 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Sweet modeling Pig!  Pure Precision as usual and your great photography also pops out the quality of your work.  So cool, despite the fact that I'm not a chopper fan, your (and Shark64's) work is gradually converting me to the Dark Chopper Side a lot.  ;) 

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

It’s funny, because I consider myself a “jet guy”, but the Pavehawk forced me to learn some new techniques etc that I wouldn’t have needed otherwise. The helos weather differently, and the techniques for the gear and figures were borrowed from armor modeling. Ultimately there was no way to get to the finish line without some new arrows in my quiver. Growth is good!

And although I am a jet guy at heart, my two oldest sons are infantry officers, headed for Ranger school and beyond. Their operational world is pretty cool, and has opened up a new world for me to model- and these helo builds are more about the figures for me- the guys in the back..The outrigger riders for this build are what I’m hoping to emphasize.

I think you’d enjoy a helo build! come on over to the dark side for a bit! I’m sure you’d do something amazing, and you might stay for more than one!

cheers

Pete

Outstanding work once again Pete!

I love the added details like the braided lines. I’m guessing that’s from anyz? I have a bunch of their stuff but haven’t put much of it to good use yet.

Cheers,

Wolf