MH-6M Little Bird

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hey Booger-

I think those tattoos would be a cool challenge-

might give it a go!

Woody at Archer Fine Transfers has some Celtic/tribal tattoo decals that look perfect! Think I’ll try em!

cheers

Pigfighter

Excellent! I think you'll pull it off no problem.  I actually laughed out loud when I first saw the picks--classic Sailor look.  As a Prowler bubba we'd always go to Red Flag and various other AF or multi-national exercises. You could always spot the Sailors because of the prevalence of tattoos. Getting to be less and less, especially as they've loosened the regs somewhat. Served with a couple of kids that had gotten the old school tattoos via slivers of bamboo dipped in ink in shady Asian ports. All I could think of was asking them if they'd had a Hepatitis test after...but I digress. Can't wait to see more!

Booger

Hey all-

not much of an update, but I think I’ve got the stowage figured out-GSzdSa6.jpg

This is a Live Resin set that is made for an SF quad-wheel ATV..

HhhmZFY.jpg

I had to cut it down the middle about where the M4 suppressor is and re-orient a section to get it to fit, but it is exactly the look I was hoping for. The Karl Gustav recoiless rifle was just too cool to not include! This weapon is a favorite SF breaching tool when a hole is required from a stand-off range.

eXESs4m.jpg

This is cool for me- as an aviation modeler I get to include military gear and dudes. It’s an interesting hybrid with unusual challenges.

cheers

Pete

Hey all-

a little progress.

a few more wire bundles. Then it was gloss coat, stencil decals, wash, and flat coat.

OizUYCa.jpg

RlFtxcz.jpg

iRoGn4z.jpg

and made some progress on the Robbie tank-

3GSs6nS.jpg

SEHqmJQ.jpg

x2IYgIA.jpg

9IU2IZN.jpg

KaJk6Zm.jpg

38RcA8j.jpgThis area will get a little dust as

well, but not as much as my Pavehawk. My references don’t show these little birds as filthy as the -60’s.

more to follow-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann
Speling