MH-6M Little Bird

On 4/27/2021 at 10:25 PM, JeepsGunsTanks said:

AAwFn%2BfLzjvMyXTlsv08kA=&risl=&pid=ImgR

not wanting to to hijack this thread, but are there any decals/mask available for this bird ?? i want to build this

7 hours ago, Neo said:

Oh man so many thing to comment on

1 I LOVE that M4 omg. unfortunately all AR-15 base rifles are now banned in canada

1.1 im planning to teach my 2 girls shoot. waiting for them to be a little older

2 that black epoxy tip is GOLD

3 your handy work on that cockpit is amazing

thanks Neo-

Appreciate that. This rifle build was very therapeutic during the long covid winter. The suppressor required a special license from the ATF and a “tax” be paid. I get a little powder blow back in my face from the suppressor- but that’s expected, and It puts a smile on my face. I get a lot of comments at the range about the guitar case too. I decided to cerakote everything in FDE (flat dark earth) because black rifles are “scary” to some people down here-

Epoxy wire making is a trick I Iearned long ago; watching the Black Box F-16 cockpit master being created. You don’t have to use black I suppose..any two part epoxy putty will do. I don’t use it all the time, but it seemed fitting for this particular application. 

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Hey Pete, kinda OT but check out this picture of a couple of AH-6's flying this weekend as part of a large scale exercise down in VA.   Note the guy in back!   Dion't think I've ever seen someone in the back of an AH-6, the power these aircraft have is truly amazing.    Also, note what I think is a new style SATCOM antenna on the tailboom, fed by an external cable.    That might be applicable to your MH-6 build?

1620591068525-sealsblacked7copy.jpg?qual

The article this came from is here:

Navy SEALs And Army Night Stalkers Captured In Amazing Photos During Virginia Exercise (thedrive.com)

Lots of great pictures of all the helos operated by the 160th (and the operators they were flying with).   

Keep up the good work. 

I was just going to post that same link!  Plenty of great action shots in there. Check out the non-reg foot wear. And cause they're Sailors, they're all tatted up. Are your figure painting skills up for that challenge?  I'm thinking some you could draw it up and print your own decals and do it that way. There are several antennas that have the cabling running on the outside of the airframe, which is kind of fascinating if you think about it. Definitely non-standard and what makes it such a fascinating subject to try and capture. 

The epoxy wire trick is awesome.  Thanks a bunch for that.  Going to get started practicing that right away.  How thin are you able to get these without them falling apart when you try to work with them?

Just now, Alex said:

The epoxy wire trick is awesome.  Thanks a bunch for that.  Going to get started practicing that right away.  How thin are you able to get these without them falling apart when you try to work with them?

If you let it set up, you can roll it pretty thin- if it’s sticky,it’s too soon to roll it out-

HTH

P

1 minute ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

If you let it set up, you can roll it pretty thin- if it’s sticky,it’s too soon to roll it out-

HTH

P

Cool - what brand are you using? 

23 hours ago, easixpedro said:

I was just going to post that same link!  Plenty of great action shots in there. Check out the non-reg foot wear. And cause they're Sailors, they're all tatted up. Are your figure painting skills up for that challenge?  I'm thinking some you could draw it up and print your own decals and do it that way. There are several antennas that have the cabling running on the outside of the airframe, which is kind of fascinating if you think about it. Definitely non-standard and what makes it such a fascinating subject to try and capture. 

Hey Booger-

I think those tattoos would be a cool challenge-

might give it a go!

Woody at Archer Fine Transfers has some Celtic/tribal tattoo decals that look perfect! Think I’ll try em!

cheers

Pigfighter

Edited by Pete Fleischmann