MH-6M Little Bird

9 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Anti torque pedals.  :coolio:.  I remember vividly getting schooled by a Civilian instructor pilot while at Fort Rucker.  Those aren't rudder pedals, candidate!  You don't need to roll into a turn and apply rudder pedals!   I had a several hours of fixed wing time before I got to Fort Rucker.  We pulled pitch the first day of flight school in a good old UH-1H.  All the ARMY trainer helicopters were retired prior to me getting on base and we pulled pitch the first day in a good old Huey.   Loved flying that thing.  I always wanted to fly the Loach however, never had the chance.  UH-1H, AH-1's and OH-58's all in the Guard.  

Lovely efforts going on here Pete.  Your passion shows in your work.  Great pictures!  

Troy,

There’s a little inside ball going on here.  My function is Pig’s favorite troll as well as doing CAD work for his AT-38B scratchbuld.  So the rudder pedals Pig was taking about are the rudder pedals for his Attack Talon. 

Timmy!

Hey all,

little update here-

The Killer Eggs carry “Robbie” tanks in the aft cabin. There are at least two types of tanks. One version has a unique “pebbled” texture that I thought would be fun to replicate. 
The Kitty Hawk kit has the “other” style tank; but their shape/size are similar. All of the raised tank supports were sanded off of the kit tank, and the slight shape changes were made with Apoxie Clay (vs. Apoxie Sculpt) and sheet stock-

the pebbled texture was stippled on with Mr. Surfacer 1000 grey applied with a stiff brush-

ezrj1CN.jpg
the blank areas were masked off- these are non-textured areas of the tank where placards are located-

Jt0Vew0.jpg

Cheers for now-

Pete

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

I've never heard of Apoxie CLAY.

What changes did you make to the tank? 

Tim

Apoxie Clay is not a “clay” as the name would imply- its a 2 part epoxy putty that is finer than Apoxie Sculpt, and is easier to work, can be smoothed easier, and rolled thinner. 

Roughing in The left side of the tank:

SsaJ9PV.jpg

..and the right

HQ2vSOP.jpg

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

That is awesome! Just like the Blackhawk   you did! We'd carry 2 little birds in the MC-130.

The SOAR 160th guys that flew them were very good and "the boys" that rode the platform

on the sides were definitely "bad  news" for whoever they were going to visit. I have a proud 

association with all those "operators"..."MERICA"

Cheers...Ron 

6 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

That is awesome! Just like the Blackhawk   you did! We'd carry 2 little birds in the MC-130.

The SOAR 160th guys that flew them were very good and "the boys" that rode the platform

on the sides were definitely "bad  news" for whoever they were going to visit. I have a proud 

association with all those "operators"..."MERICA"

Cheers...Ron 

Very cool.

my two oldest sons are brand-new infantry officers, hoping to go SF one day..but first they’ll hit Airborne and Ranger school. They are way-cooler than me. All they do is eat, lift, run, and shoot. 

cheers

Pete

But you got to go Mach 2! I flew around low level at 200 feet (sometimes lower)  at 240 knots

terrain masked up against a mountain range for hours on end. I did love every minute of it though.

The SF/SEALS I worked with were the same way...and always sharpening a knife! 

Cheers...Ron

Hey all..

a few little odds and ends here before I point the airbrush at this-

FLIR controller, armored floor, rivets by Archer,  and ECS duct-

KDAgf7L.jpg

And a few details in the back, to include the four tie downs Kitty Hawk missed 

7XBcCT0.jpg

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

On 4/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hello all-

I stumbled on this gem at KERV while doing some L-39 instruction. Not the same as a -6M; but plenty of similar details to examine and photograph 

DZH4afP.jpg

pretty cool. This one is used for power line support.

cheers

Pete

What a huge difference the colors make in the ferocity of little bird! Definitely a canary here right lol

of course I’d paint this one :wub: