MH-6M Little Bird

I was going to post this link: DVIDS - Images - LITTLE YET FIERCE (dvidshub.net) but realized it's the one Tim just posted. Posted it anyway if you want to register and download a higer rez pic.

But DVIDs is your friend--the repository for all the PA photos from DoD. While I normally search through individual service's webpages for PA photos, DVIDs is sometimes better as it's a conglomeration of ALL the photos, including the ones that don't get 'published' or released. A good resource if you're looking for photos of things from the last decade or so. 

Totally a rabbit hole, but for me researching a project is half the fun!

Boogz

56 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

I was going to post this link: DVIDS - Images - LITTLE YET FIERCE (dvidshub.net) but realized it's the one Tim just posted. Posted it anyway if you want to register and download a higer rez pic.

But DVIDs is your friend--the repository for all the PA photos from DoD. While I normally search through individual service's webpages for PA photos, DVIDs is sometimes better as it's a conglomeration of ALL the photos, including the ones that don't get 'published' or released. A good resource if you're looking for photos of things from the last decade or so. 

Totally a rabbit hole, but for me researching a project is half the fun!

Boogz

Thanks Booger! I totally forgot about DVIDS- I’ll start sniffing around!

cheers

Pigfighter

22 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Here ya go Pete. 

This helo guy will always take care of ya!

It's a MH-6M Walkaround. Hope it helps. 

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net//features/4186

Tim

Fantastic detail photos! I have one of these KH kits, and the Blackhawk too. Ordered another Little Bird that has the figures, and a set of figures for the Blackhawk.  I'd like to do a big Blackhawk Down diorama with all 3 at some point, so I'll definitely be following this thread with interest. Great job on your figures!

Pete, been frustrated on trying to nail the color of the flight gloves. Keeping coming out looking like those giant hulk hands. (Quote from my wife). Could you help me out. 

thanks

Andrew

15 minutes ago, WAD3 said:

Pete, been frustrated on trying to nail the color of the flight gloves. Keeping coming out looking like those giant hulk hands. (Quote from my wife). Could you help me out. 

thanks

Andrew

sure!

I use Vallejo Panzer Aces 336 for the green, and whatever light grey you like for the leather portion/

0y6humN.jpg

Hey all,

test fitting here...

The Black Ops bulkhead, seats, and instrument console look like they’ll work with some adjustments. I was also concerned that the pilots outboard feet might interfere with the windscreen, but I think I’m ok. I’m trying to identify any fit issues now and address them before I start doing any detail work.

mtNXlvo.jpg
jAHRIuE.jpg

I wasn’t sure if the instrument console would interfere with the windscreen-

looks like I’m good there too.

you can see the Blu Tak holding the instrument console in place. The base of that is a little short- it should come all the way back to the seat bulkhead-I’ll address that too-

IaYzxPz.jpg

i8VbdgQ.jpg

pressing on- the pilots feet are separate parts. I may turn their outboard feet in just a smidge to be sure-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

1 minute ago, scvrobeson said:

I think the left-hand pilot's left foot needs to be turned in a little bit, but it looks like it should all fit for you.  Excellent progress, you're certainly not resting on your laurels after finishing the Pavehawk.

Matt 

Thanks Matt-

thinking the same-

cheers

P

Anti torque pedals.  :coolio:.  I remember vividly getting schooled by a Civilian instructor pilot while at Fort Rucker.  Those aren't rudder pedals, candidate!  You don't need to roll into a turn and apply rudder pedals!   I had a several hours of fixed wing time before I got to Fort Rucker.  We pulled pitch the first day of flight school in a good old UH-1H.  All the ARMY trainer helicopters were retired prior to me getting on base and we pulled pitch the first day in a good old Huey.   Loved flying that thing.  I always wanted to fly the Loach however, never had the chance.  UH-1H, AH-1's and OH-58's all in the Guard.  

Lovely efforts going on here Pete.  Your passion shows in your work.  Great pictures!  

You and Timmy!s bantering about seating brought a memory back from the depths... 

Flew with a guy that got yanked from flying duty as a LT to go be an aide for a 4-Star. Said 4-Star was a Vietnam era Phantom Driver.  Whenever they flew anywhere (commercially or via the Biz jets), the LT had to sit one row back, i.e. tandem, as the pilot 4-Star was NOT going to let a navigator sit anywhere that appeared side-by-side. 

My response is that side-by-side is the way God, Orville and Wilbur intended...  

But I digress, back to Pig's build!