MH-6M Little Bird

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Oooh, those toothpicks.....ouch.

Great work, as always.

Cheers,

Damian

That’s hilarious Damian! That’s exactly what I was thinkin’ when I saw the pics. You couldn’t have drilled a small hole in the bottom of a boot and mounted the toothpick there eh? Pete?

Cheers,

Wolf

37 minutes ago, Wolf Buddee said:

That’s hilarious Damian! That’s exactly what I was thinkin’ when I saw the pics. You couldn’t have drilled a small hole in the bottom of a boot and mounted the toothpick there eh? Pete?

Cheers,

Wolf

Well I was gonna say there was already a hole there...

“Butt” less work for me to do it this way-

the boot would be more humane, but then I’d have to clean up the hole- the bottom of the boot will show for sure-

UDqZCHL.jpg

sometimes sacrifices must be made in the name of modeling!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

26 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Are the seats and rear wall resin, or just a different color plastic in the kit?

Matt 

Hi Matt,

I grabbed the MH-6 update set from Black Ops Models. The set is for the Dragon kit(s) vs. the Kitty Hawk kit that I’m using. Not sure how much of it I’m going to use yet, but I’ve pretty much decided to use the main cabin bulkhead and seats- I think I can get them to fit without too much aggravation-

here is a comparison of Kitty Hawk on the left and Black Ops on the right. Same bulkhead; cockpit side and cabin side. In the first photo, the details of the Black Ops item look like they were molded at an angle. They’re not, it’s just a weird camera thing-

4LPoPi9.jpg

TifATGW.jpg

NPgEKPm.jpg
cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

6 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Love it and following! Hahahaha, I've heard Pilots being referred to by quite a few terms before, but "stick actuators" is priceless!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You've really nailed the painting on these guys.

Craig

Meat-servo is what some of our engineers refers to us as, others say the sloppy link in the cockpit.