MH-6M Little Bird

Hey all-

been farting around with this new project. The Kitty Hawk MH-6M Little Bird. What pushed me over the edge were the outstanding figures that Yaroslav at Live Resin created for this kit. Six figures total; 2 stick actuators and four SF riders. 
8Z2dFIB.jpg

but more than anything, it was this particular figure right here. I love this pose..Holding on to the fast rope cage and outrigger platform- perfect for an inflight display 

d1e1ii3.jpg
5jT9fZJ.jpg

so I’ll use all six figures for this one-

3aRCMup.jpg

first things first- I needed to open up the crew compartment door area-

Here you can see the modification to the right side (top)..both sides get wider openings-

0fiHZAu.jpg

more to follow!

cheers

Pete

Started with the two pilots. assembly- gaps filled with either  JB Weld or Apoxie Sculpt

4VD1Ank.jpg

Then a shot of Tamiya deck Tan

coIVmae.jpg

then a dry brush of a lighter version of deck tan

w5nDOku.jpg

More multicam camo. First the light green. Also, I find it easier to paint the black cable on top of the helmet first, and then come in right next to it with the overall helmet color- much easier than trying to pick out a skinny cable with a small brush after the helmet is painted-

BsiAGAD.jpg

then dry brush the light green

fO11cVF.jpg

more to follow-

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Hello all-

all of this so far with Vallejo colors-

the seat harness in black and then dry brushed. I use a small chisel tip brush to accurately (as possible) do the dry brush steps-

v0yBPXx.jpg

The helmet visors start out black, then get a coat of Tamiya clear green, and then a few coats of Future

Here you can see the slight difference between the figure on the right which has received an overall wash/filter, and the one on the left which has not-

ytPTnZD.jpg
YrbwMN7.jpg

thanks for checking in!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann