New to form coukd not find anything on riveting topic, hope this is correct place for it.

Stev-o

Hello everyone, 

I hope this is the correct place to post this. 
This is my first post, certainly won’t be my last, for sure. Been 40 years since I built a model, and dang if it hasn’t come along way. All the aftermarket upgrade parts available I was amazed. I’m having trouble finding a certain thing I’m wanting. I know HK has all the details I’m looking for, I just can’t make myself cough up 110.00+, add shipping I’m looking at 150.00 for a model. Least not yet. 

I am looking w/o much luck trying to find a 1:48 scale B-17 that has rivet detail incorporated into the fuselage, wings, etc, I do t even know if there is a kit out there that has that detail, recessed panel lines just a plus. I know HK has it all great detail on few of their kits, just having a tough time ingesting I may hv to pay that to get what I’m wanting, lol. Building it for a history class. But thanks to anyone that dosen’t cut me up too bad. 
abd to answer sone already to shoot at me.... because I want the rivet detail and recessed panel lines, my model, my build, my personel preference. Lol

thanjs everyone hope I can return a favor sometime soon Stev-o

Welcome aboard, Stev-o!

:post1:

There are only 3 choices for a B-17 in 1/48 scale, and only the new HK Models kit is less than 40 years old. The other two (Revell and Monogram) date back to the mid-to-late '70s. I've not built any of them, so can't really offer much more comment than that, other than that the two older kits will have raised surface details pretty much exclusively.

Kev

Welcome!

The Monogram kit was the cats meow back in the day. It still holds up well but as Kev says it's all raised detail.  I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the HK kit yet but I am sure it's heaps better. It combined with some Archer rivet details would likely be spectacular. 

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Welcome aboard, Stev-o!

:post1:

There are only 3 choices for a B-17 in 1/48 scale, and only the new HK Models kit is less than 40 years old. The other two (Revell and Monogram) date back to the mid-to-late '70s. I've not built any of them, so can't really offer much more comment than that, other than that the two older kits will have raised surface details pretty much exclusively.

Kev

Thank you o

Yea guessing raised rivet in a fuselage is just a dream, I was hoping someone out there made a 1:48 scale 27 with sine type of rivet design. Now I just hv to decide wheather or not I can make myself pay that high dollar of 100-139.00.  Eli’s is a pic of HK wing detail and the inside is just totally cool, they could hv made the oxygen bottles much bigger or just eliminated the in wall mold abs included regular size you glue to the wall, but otherwise than that there are a lot of aftermarket parts they are included in kit. Guess I’ll just hv to suck it up spend the money or shut up huh. Thanks guys appreciate the advise Steve

13 minutes ago, denders said:

Unfortunately, that thread itself doesn’t really contain much useful info.  The sub forum has a little more, but I’m not sure if it’s been updated to included having to use the direct link instead of BB code.

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/forum/91-posting-images/