1/16 Hybride Panther (Wecohe, Tamiya, Atak, SBS Model and ......)

panzerrob

Hi guys,

A guick question!

Does the Italian camouflage coveralls have rank insignia on the upper arms?

My library doesn't give any answers, and even a search at Internet doesn't make the situation clearer.

Here are 2 photo's of the figures:

pms8Fmfajpn5jXhsoj

Another question: is the position of the radio-operator logical?

With regards,

Rob from Holland

23 hours ago, panzerrob said:

Hi guys,

A guick question!

Does the Italian camouflage coveralls have rank insignia on the upper arms?

My library doesn't give any answers, and even a search at Internet doesn't make the situation clearer.

Here are 2 photo's of the figures:

pms8Fmfajpn5jXhsoj

Another question: is the position of the radio-operator logical?

With regards,

Rob from Holland

Never say never , but looking at pictures in Jean Paul Pallud's "Panzers in Normandy" and also "Ruckmarsch!"  it doesn't appear that the HJ or LSSAH using Italian cammo added insignia. Most coveralls were often worn with the standard tunic underneath, showing collar insignia . The U Boat leather outfits also around then, mainly only had should straps attached, presumably as wearing a tunic under leather in summer was uncomfortable . 

But again absence of evidence is not evidence of absence :) 

Guys, thanks for the info.

The commander also has shoulder straps so I decided to put the rank insignia on him, and not on the radio-operator and driver.

Photo's will follow with the next update.

With regards,

Rob from Holland

You've probably seen this famous one of 12th SS in Normandy ... 3rd Koy not 1st. Pretty sure this is early on in the fighting . Also link below might be useful . 

Link to various Panther walk around photos all taken by me .

...one "Panzer" to another ! 

Cdv-Zso-YUEAAu-XFB.jpg

Edited by Panzerwomble

Hi Rob,

pics of 12th SS Hitlerjugend in Normandy showing coveralls with Italian Camouflage pattern „Telo Mimetico“ do not show neither a rank nor a national insignia. 

Due to material shortage SS-units often got equipped with Italian camouflage clothing or clothes got tailored using the Italian camouflage fabric.  On some tank commander jackets arm insignias were added —> ref.: Max Wünsche.

Concerning the figures I think the driver and the operator don’t wear a coverall but just trousers and the ordinary grey Wehrmacht-Shirt. 

Concerning the pose of the operator and the driver showing a relaxed pose e.g. while having a marching break. To maintain radio contact outside the tank this position seems plausible to me.

best regards 

Nils

Edited by N.H.71
Added: …showing coveralls …

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

The figures are almost done, only a few touch ups!

It took much more time then anticipated, sometimes I had to walk away before I would throw a figure out of the window.

The chances that I will take on another huge figure project are slim! Although I have to admit I ordered 5 seated figures so........

But, I am really happy with the result. The fit of the figures on the Panther isn't 100%, but that is because these figures were designed for the Trumpeter Panther.

The standing driver figure will be replaced by a driver inside the tank, as I want to show a Panther on the move.

po3EfJ8Uj

pnA6N22Nj

pmse9cITj

pmguuMdbj

pmfv98F4j

poyKdIQ1j

With regards,

Rob from Holland

Edited by panzerrob