My Favorite Book on Weathering

8 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Is Rinaldi the guy that did several small books on individual armor kits?

Yes, Kevin, he's the guy. I have Tank Art 1 , (Panther G, Tiger I, Hetzer, Hanomag, Pz IV E and figures). It's the best book on weathering I have. Beautiful photos and excellent instructions on how he achieves results.

Highly recommended author.

HTH,

Damian

I know this is a bit different but have a look at Tim Shackleton a clip

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/520-weathering-dvd-with-tim-shackleton/

He also has a couple of books out which are well worth a look at I like his simple style "a business card for masking " great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aspects-Modelling-Weathering-Locomotives-Shackleton/dp/071103656X

Bob

4 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Yes, Kevin, he's the guy. I have Tank Art 1 , (Panther G, Tiger I, Hetzer, Hanomag, Pz IV E and figures). It's the best book on weathering I have. Beautiful photos and excellent instructions on how he achieves results.

Highly recommended author.

HTH,

Damian

Perhaps not. I checked and the books I have are by a Michael Rinaldi, and honestly far from impressive. If the same guy, perhaps what I have are earlier works, I have no idea.

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Perhaps not. I checked and the books I have are by a Michael Rinaldi, and honestly far from impressive. If the same guy, perhaps what I have are earlier works, I have no idea.

Interesting. Yes, Michael Rinaldi. Apologies if I gave you a bum steer. I like TANKART 1.

Damian

15 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Interesting. Yes, Michael Rinaldi. Apologies if I gave you a bum steer. I like TANKART 1.

Damian

No bum steer, Damian. Like I said, what I have may just be earlier issues. I don't have any of the Tank Art books, though I seem to have way more than enough of other types of weathering/painting publications and articles.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:57 PM, LSP_K2 said:

They must be earlier ones. I have Tank Art 1 & 3, I think, and they are excellent. His technique is ultra-realistic if a bit lengthy as it requires multiple steps and layering to achieve. Beautiful, but time consuming.

12 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

They must be earlier ones. I have Tank Art 1 & 3, I think, and they are excellent. His technique is ultra-realistic if a bit lengthy as it requires multiple steps and layering to achieve. Beautiful, but time consuming.

Interesting. I may have to look into it, though as I stated, I already have a ton of reference material on weathering, which should point me in the right direction for a big ol' Jagdtiger I'm hoping to finish up in the next couple months.