P-47 Curtiss Asymmetric Prop, any aftermarket ones available in 1/32 scale?

Jeff T

Hello all,

After finding a new pic of the P-47D that I am currently modelling, I have noticed that it has the Curtiss Asymmetrical Paddle Prop on it, I have the Curtiss Symmetrical Paddle Prop that comes with the Hasegawa kit, but now knowing this, I would like to try and get the correct Prop for the plane I'm doing, .. I have had a look around, but cant seem to find any of the major aftermarket companies that do the Asymmetrical ones.

Does anyone know of any company that does them, that I may have overlooked?

I looked on ebay to see if there were any Trumpeter sprues with the props on them for sale, as I know Trumpeter's kit comes with the Asymmetric prop, but there are none for sale at the moment, so any aftermarket ones would be great.

This is the P-47 I am doing, it looks to have the Curtiss Asymmetrical Prop.

XF6QPej.jpg

Any info will be much appreciated!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

I have a Trumpeter asymmetric prop that I'd be happy to send to you. I also have what appears to be a Hasegawa asymmetric Curtiss prop, but since Hasegawa only provides one of the bullet domes (part D16) for the front, it is lacking that (I used the bullet dome on the symmetric prop I used on my airplane).  If you have that piece, you can have the Hasegawa one instead.  But it may take a while to get halfway around the world...

If it helps, the Hasegawa asymmetric prop looks to be sprue "Q".