Italeri CF-104 Starfighter "Kicked up a Notch": KLP Publishing eBook now Available!

chuck540z3

Just breathtaking. What a beautiful '104!

That has to be the most authentic looking metal finish I have ever seen. Your builds are always a learning experience, and your solutions to issues pretty ingenious. 

Looking forward to seeing what you tackle next!

Richard

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments!  As mentioned in my WIP thread, I appreciate and read every one of them, even if I don't respond to every one individually, which is where the "Thanks" button comes in real handy.

As some have mentioned my next project is the 1/24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat, since I usually do a prop after a jet and this large scale should allow for some really fine detail in the cockpit and all over the engine.  I've got a ton of aftermarket for it already, like the airscale brass instrument panel, ANYZ connectors and braided lines for the engine and lots of other items arriving in my mailbox soon.  Having said that, summer is coming when I usually back off from modeling to enjoy the outdoors a bit more, so this new build will likely take a long time to complete.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with this kit, other than to try and "Kick it Up a Notch" once more. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Chuck

aAEbxT.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

Good morning Chuck.

I just wanted to let you know that I shared the photos of your build with my friend Des and I spoke with him on the phone moments ago.  He checked his log books.  Closest he ever got to 12760 was 12763.  He went on to say that he was very pleased with the level of detail in your build.  He said you "got the colours and stencils just right."  He regaled many fine stories of his CF-104 time in the nuclear strike role but he will never tell anyone what his target was had they been given the order.  Among the 50 some odd aircraft her has flown, he said the Starfighter was right up there at the top.  I thought you'd like to know the sentiments and comments of a man who has 'been there and done that'.

Enjoy the soon to come top down weather!

Mike

Thanks for that Mike!  I really appreciate it, because whenever I build a model and put it out there for all to see, I know there will be critiques of what I should and shouldn't have done.  That's modeling, but it's great to know that I got most of this one right!

Cheers,

Chuck