1/35 Schnellboot S-204 'Lang' - some guns, some rubber boats, etc.

jgrease

• jgrease changed the title to 1/35 Schnellboot S-204 'Lang' - moving along smoothly...
13 hours ago, John1 said:

Not a big fan of videos for WIP's.  Howzabout taking a few minutes and posting the details here?

20 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Will you be starting a WiP here?

I've posted links to the videos so that folks can see my progress. I've been working on this boat on and off for at least three years, and I've found this to be the best use of my free time to share my work. If you're not inclined to videos that's great as well - to each their own.  Here's a few photos of my project as it stands. Appreciate the feedback!

John

mvdhjKr.jpg

Gxga6U4.jpg

ae8JunN.jpg

Edited by jgrease

39 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I only assumed, not having looked at either video, that it might be in the wrong place is all.

It is a "Non-LSP Work". Pretty sure I'm in the right place... But I appreciate the concern.

John

On 5/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, LSP_Ray said:

It's in the right place, and looks really nice! What AM are you using? Looks like Eduard PE for one? I have this kit, too, with a pile of AM for it. Definitely need to be in the mood to tackle this project; it is a Large Scale Boat! 

Thanks very much Ray! You're right - I have the Eduard PE set as well as the OOP Lion Roar full meal deal detail set (includes wooden deck section, metal barrels, and around 6 sheets of PE!). I've also got some 3D printed stuff as well. It's a great build, just taking me a long time to get there.

John

7 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Very nice work so far mate! I would recommend using bees wax to run the ropes through, then run the rope through your fingers, this makes the ropes pliable and will keep them in the coiled shape you desire. 

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for that tip Alan! I will give that a try.

John

• 2 months later...
  • jgrease changed the title to 1/35 Schnellboot S-204 'Lang' - some guns, some rubber boats, etc.
  • 1 month later...