Straightening SAC metal landing gear?

1 hour ago, John Stambaugh said:

Would really like to see Synthetic ordnance works come to the rescue on this matter. Their main gear legs are near indestructible!

Best way to get that done is to engage Damian here and see if there is enough overall interest to make it financially viable.

2 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

Have done so. I believe that if he wanted that SOW could be the 1st choice in AM landing struts.

Agreed! DBs stuff if the doggies danglies and the perfect solution in all ways for me personally. That being said, SOW is a one man band and Damian also has a whole other segment to his business to attend to, so I'm thinking that is probably easier said for us than done for him. :D 

Sure. They are rather soft an I've gotten the main gear part mostly straightened as I clean it up. I'm not in a hurry so I'll each time I pick it up to clean up a little more, I'll keep eyeballing the straightness.

As mentioned by others, I had come to the conclusion that they are just metal versions of the original plastic too. The Havoc set seemed like that too. 

XIQ6VJ.jpgGvYcsP.jpg

6W2kgx.jpgsccFwX.jpg

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Agreed! DBs stuff if the doggies danglies and the perfect solution in all ways for me personally. That being said, SOW is a one man band and Damian also has a whole other segment to his business to attend to, so I'm thinking that is probably easier said for us than done for him. :D 

Only so many hours in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, denders said:

Anyone have suggestions for straightening SAC cast metal landing gear? Do you suppose it it soft enough to 'push' into shape? Anyone tried it?

When I moved, I didn't have enough support under my 1/32 Wildcat and the result was crunched landing gear. I tried repairing it but that didn't really work. A couple of weeks ago I got the bright idea to have a look for replacement metal landing gear. But the piece came a bit distorted.

Dave

Dave,

I found this guy on ebay.  https://www.ebay.com/str/partspalaceplus  Depending on what kit and how old, he might have the oem landing gear.  He has a lot of sprues avaialbe for a lot of different kits. 

Thanks, Ayovan. Yes, he shows one of the sprues. Unfortunately, the parts are on two separate sprues. One of is the sprue with the engine parts, which isn't listed. I could do a search in general on ebay for Trumpeter/Hobbycraft F4F and see what I come up with.

2 hours ago, denders said:

Thanks, Ayovan. Yes, he shows one of the sprues. Unfortunately, the parts are on two separate sprues. One of is the sprue with the engine parts, which isn't listed. I could do a search in general on ebay for Trumpeter/Hobbycraft F4F and see what I come up with.

1/2 way there.......lol

On 4/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, denders said:

I might have the kit parts you're looking for. Which part numbers exactly do you need?

Hi Woody,

Thank you for the offer. The parts for the LG are E7, E25, C28, & C35. I can probably salvage E7 but the other pieces are broken and I've tried repairing them without success.

Dave

8 hours ago, denders said:

The parts for the LG are E7, E25, C28, & C35. I can probably salvage E7 but the other pieces are broken and I've tried repairing them without

Hi Dave,

Got ya covered. Send your mailing address to orders@archertransfers.com and I'll put them in the mail with a tracking link.

Woody