Barnes Wallis - Apparently too Difficult to spell

Scotsman

Just now, D.B. Andrus said:

Most think "cursive" has to do with swear words.

I don't really even use it any more if I'm being honest................but I know it was a big part of class when I was in grade school. 

4 hours ago, mozart said:

My daughter in law is a PhD (medicine/science-based), her husband a medical doctor (paediatrician) who also has a chemistry degree......bright couple! I mentioned the Dambusters in conversation a couple of years ago, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was appalled, flabbergasted! Such holes in their understanding and appreciation of our world and recent history. 

And yet they may just find a way to add 20 years to my life, but even if they do, no one (apart from you and yours) will ever remember their names :(

16 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

It's about right for where this country is going. 

And every where else.  One of the many ills that social media is responsible for is the spread of bad grammar and spelling.  I got so fed up with the stupidity of one guy's argument on a subject that I told him he could continue the debate once he'd learned how to spell a word and put a sentence together so that he might better be able to articulate his incorrect point.

Cheers,

Michael

13 hours ago, mozart said:

My daughter in law is a PhD (medicine/science-based), her husband a medical doctor (paediatrician) who also has a chemistry degree......bright couple! I mentioned the Dambusters in conversation a couple of years ago, they had no idea what I was talking about. I was appalled, flabbergasted! Such holes in their understanding and appreciation of our world and recent history. 

No offense meant Max but if they’d ask you about Alexander Fleming would you have known who he was? ;)

37 minutes ago, quang said:

No offense meant Max but if they’d ask you about Alexander Fleming would you have known who he was? ;)

No offence taken my friend, and Yes, I WOULD have known who Alexander Fleming was, though I doubt if they would, their knowledge of history is abysmal. I’m seeing them next weekend, I’ll ask the question!