HK Gloster Meteor F4

Ayovan

Thinking about picking up one of these. I always liked the Meteor. Since I have never built anything from HK, I looked at a couple reviews that were favorable.

Has anyone here built one?

Any advice, and or cautions about the kit?

I saw that Eduard has a lot of am for this kit. 

Thanks, Andy

7 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

It's a bummer that Fisher is gone now, and no one else picked up the plan for corrected intakes for the Meteor.  The HK ones are a bit blunt.

I've got a couple more kits in the stash, and will use the Fisher nacelle set with one of them. Some day!

Kev

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

It looks like a Meteor, and the ones I have seen built do look quite good, but it is not accurate, there is a lot wrong with it, BUT if you want a Meteor then build and enjoy it by adding some additional bits, I am sure it will look great.

There doesn't appear to be any other 1/32 offerings of a Meteor available. So if I want a Meteor this looks to be my only choice. 

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Good kit but the air intakes look weird and the front of the engines is very basic. To be honest this looks like a kit that was designed by one guy and ended by another one who rushed the job for the details.

Looking at some photos,  the intakes are really blunt. Look like they ran head first into a concrete wall. According to the reviews that I read there are no engines in the kit. Just a bulkhead type block off that represents the front of a Whittle engine. No mention of the tail pipe. Even still, I think I can live with that. Maybe I can come up with a plan for the intakes, or try and hunt down some Fisher ones. I heard of someone that might have a set.:whistle:

Edited by Ayovan

I've built two of these, though the last one was built as a T.7 using the Fisher conversion kit.  It's a nice kit if a little simple, but it does come with a nose weight supplied to keep it from being a tail sitter.  However, I shove a little more lead under the cockpit floor, just to be sure.  The cockpit is good, but could use some enhancement, and as has been pointed out, engine detail is poor.  This is the worst aspect of the kit in my opinion, but can be improved thanks to an upgrade kit from Profimodeller.

http://www.profimodeller.com/detail/p32191-engine-bay-engine-gm/

Here's what it looks like when built up.

hpBSFy.jpg

And in place:

fyyFPJ.jpg

The T.7 had two of these installed, but one will do the trick if you're OK with that.

wKvni1.jpg

I'm very pleased with both builds, and you can find a WIP on both on this site.  Recommended.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

24 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I've built two of these, though the last one was built as a T.7 using the Fisher conversion kit.  It's a nice kit if a little simple, but it does come with a nose weight supplied to keep it from being a tail sitter.  However, I shove a little more lead under the cockpit floor, just to be sure.  The cockpit is good, but could use some enhancement, and as has been pointed out, engine detail is poor.  This is the worst aspect of the kit in my opinion, but can be improved thanks to an upgrade kit from Profimodeller.

http://www.profimodeller.com/detail/p32191-engine-bay-engine-gm/

Here's what it looks like when built up.

hpBSFy.jpg

And in place:

fyyFPJ.jpg

The T.7 had two of these installed, but one will do the trick if you're OK with that.

wKvni1.jpg

I'm very pleased with both builds, and you can find a WIP on both on this site.  Recommended.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Thank you Michael. Those engines look great. Looks like a must have add-on for this kit. I'll go hit up you're wip threads for sure.

Andy

Profi engines are nice but lack a lot of very visible components. Globally all hoses connected to the engine are missing. Two huge ones covered by tape were normally located on each side of the top, from mid to rear sections. It is not that easy to find good pictures of them. So have a look at the 1/48 Airfix kit on Scalemates.