A shameless bit of self promotion

Stokey Pete

Thank you for the kind words all. They spur me on to continue down this road. I’ve still a long way to go before I reach the goal, but I’m laser focused. That unlimited aerobatics flight is my motivation every time I feel low. Taking it day by day, and one pound at a time. 

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

My roommate dropped 15 pounds. While he seemed impressed enough with that number, it didn't really sink in until I handed him one of my 15 pound dumbbells, and asked him to lift it a few times.

And the hundred pounds Pete has dropped is a small human. Imagine carrying around another person on your shoulders all the time

Richard

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

A little update as I head into winter training phases. I’m another 46lb down from the springtime. 
146lb gone in total, and I’m feeling pretty damned awesome. That target is getting ever closer to being hit. 

That is awesome! My daughter is 25 and that's about what she weighs. So it is like losing a whole person! Congrats are in order for sure

1 hour ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Most extraordinary effort and accomplishment!  I’ve never understood Brit weights, measures or monetary units where dollars are measured in pounds and weight is measured in stone.   (What are model kits measured in - kilo boxes?)  So how many stone is that?

Hate to tell you OBG , but in the UK we can dual measure like the Cannucks :yahoo:

Yes we have had the standard metric system since 1974 ..... buy gas* in litres, drive in miles and talk about MPG (not litres per 1000Km) , most people will know their weight in stones (14lbs)  or lbs and or occasionally kilos ..eeez not rocket science ....2.2 lbs is a kilo

1000kg is a tonne, &  is near enough a ton (2240lbs) but your US tons are a bit shy at 2000lbs

...100p pence is a pound £, worth about a greenback and a half ish.

We drink beer in pints , and buy milk in pints ....none of your US Quart stuff ....which is kinda roughly a litre ......

You can't complain , all of the US units are stuff we gave you and later discarded .....bit like New Hampshire ....

Finally .....Models are measured in ....... stock keeping units SKUs 

*petrol 

Edited by Panzerwomble

59 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

We drink beer in pints , and buy milk in pints ....none of your US Quart stuff ....which is kinda roughly a litre ......

And just to muddy the waters further a US gallon is not the same as an Imperial gallon, a fact that assumed considerable significance to RAF and FAA pilots of US aircraft types when calculating fuel consumption.