1/32 Tamiya Thunderbird F-16C

LSP_Ron

• LSP_Ron changed the title to 1/32 Tamiya Thunderbird F-16C
10 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Oh sweet Jesus, my poor wallet. Mrs Stokeypete may just end up divorcing me for the excess count of F-16’s on the shelves. I’m up to 4 so far. 
In my defence, they’re all colourful ones though rather than plain old grey. 

Amateur.  I’m at #9 in the stash and already built 8.  :evil_laugh:

i Hope it comes back. I really want to build mine, but hard to pass up stupid money if ever offered.  

I hope you're right that this is coming back but there's no such listing on the Tamiya USA site and at the bottom of the listing on the main page for the online catalog on the Japanese site it says this:  *Please note that some of these items may no longer be available. 

Hi!

Please excuse an "F-16 clueless" modeller...

What´s the difference between this and the CJ (of which I have two unbuilt kits)?

Just wondering if and why I should buy this kit also (don´t fancy the garish Thunderbirds scheme, tough....)?

Stefan :D

Edited by Phantom2

Lots of differences, not the least of which is the NSI (small mouth) inlet and the P&W exhaust nozzle.  The CJ has the MCID (big mouth) inlet and the GE exhaust nozzle.

If you want to build an F-16C aggressor, the Thunderbird kit is a better kit to start with.

Edited by Juggernut

2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

Hi!

Please excuse an "F-16 clueless" modeller...

What´s the difference between this and the CJ (of which I have two unbuilt kits)?

Just wondering if and why I should buy this kit also (don´t fancy the garish Thunderbirds scheme, tough....)?

Stefan :D

The CJ kit is a block 50 and the Thunderbirds kit is a Block 32.  In basic terms, the CJ kit has the “big mouth” air intake, GE engine, and heavyweight landing gear with wider wheels and bulged MLG doors.  The Thunderbirds kit has the P&W engine, normal shock inlet, and the lightweight gear with the original wheels and flat MLG doors.  There are a few other differences, but those are the big ones.

Man I hope it’s true!

If I were king of the world, I’d have Tamiya sell a separate D model conversion- super easy the way the kit parts break down.

My second edict would be to re- box the Thunderbirds kit with weapons and decals for anything other than the T-Birds....

just sayin 

Pete

I think it is a "new" release as the lawnmower blades are included as vinal stickers. This is not in the original release.

Let us hope. I have one in the stash but it is now almost too valuable to build.