Is IPMS LAS VEGAS still going ahead

williamj

I'd venture a guess to say that the restaurants in Vegas are equal to or better than what's in Omaha.  Never having been to Omaha though, I can only compare to those I've visited in Texas and the Vegas restaurants are better than those (in my opinion).  Plus!  there's a Margaritaville in Vegas...can't find one of those in Omaha! :lol:

17 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Plus!  there's a Margaritaville in Vegas...can't find one of those in Omaha! :lol:

There actually is was. Well, a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" which was Jimmy's restaurant. It just recently shut down due to low attendance I'm guessing.  Vegas is awesome, and I would have loved to go this year, but after eating there and Texas Id take our Omaha beef any and every day of the week! 

We do not however have anything remotely as cool as Vegas has to offer otherwise. :lol:

Just now, Juggernut said:

Yeah, I don't particularly care for the guys that stand around on the sidewalks in the evening handing out cards for women....  LOL, they'll hand em to you even if you're walking with your wife.  Hell, they'll hand em to the wife too!  LOL, equal opportunity!

lol YES. Since they cant directly yell at you they flick those cards super loudly to try to get your attention......and when you dont take one they end up throwing them at your feet

• 4 weeks later...

After much consideration I have decided to not attend this year's convention. 

Although being fully vaccinated, I still feel there is risk in traveling to Las Vegas this summer.

I have been looking forward to this convention for 2 years and am disappointed. Perhaps when things are closer to normal, whatever and whenever that may be, I will attend.

Dan

There are close to 600 pre-registrants for the convention. 
I am going. A lot of sight seeing on this trip. Looking to go to Nellis AFB also.

Mike

Edited by phantom

On 7/18/2021 at 10:03 AM, Dandiego said:

I have been looking forward to this convention for 2 years and am disappointed. Perhaps when things are closer to normal, whatever and whenever that may be, I will attend.

Same. I was really looking forward to a close NATs, then the pandemic hit, and hasn't stopped hitting since then.

Matt