Is IPMS LAS VEGAS still going ahead

williamj

Going to be registering this week. Looking forward to this convention. I will be wearing my mask if I have too, got my shots so I am going, looking to having a great time and seeing my friends.

mike

I will not be attending the NATs this year in Vegas, as much as I would like to. Its nothing to do with the pandemic, I just started calculating the expense for the wife and I for 5 or 6 days, and it was well over what I have in the budget. For as much as I will miss being there, as I already have reservations at the Rio, the money really does have other more necessary places to go.

All the best to you all in Vegas! 

Got my hotel reservations at the Rio last year and planning to enjoy this trip. So disappointed though that a show featuring the Thunderbirds is too far for me to bring my collection  :wacko:  my wife and I plan to do some shows if things are open, otherwise it’ll just be a relaxing stay at the hotel...and i can bore her to death telling her about every model on the table and what I remember about their build log on LSP!! Hoping to meet more of you guys this trip :ph34r:

On 3/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, LSP_Ron said:

The mandatory $2000 three day hotel stay when we return while waiting for test results and then still having to do two weeks quarantine is a deal breaker for going anywhere.  It a really really dumb law, if you test negative you shouldn't have to do the quarantine, they also don't care if you've been vaccinated.

You can still be in the incubation phase and test negative, which is why they need you to quarantine for two weeks.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:53 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I will not be attending the NATs this year in Vegas, as much as I would like to. Its nothing to do with the pandemic, I just started calculating the expense for the wife and I for 5 or 6 days, and it was well over what I have in the budget. For as much as I will miss being there, as I already have reservations at the Rio, the money really does have other more necessary places to go.

All the best to you all in Vegas! 

That stinks, man!! I have had some huge expenses come up in the last few months, and some more on the horizon, so I guess the same could happen to me, but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.

25 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

That stinks, man!! I have had some huge expenses come up in the last few months, and some more on the horizon, so I guess the same could happen to me, but I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.

Yeah it is a real bummer. I really did want to go, but I Just paid off the Jeep, and (as Murphy would dictate) the check engine light came on literally not even a DAY after that, and its a oil pressure sensor unit and is about 750 with labor (no way Im installing that myself) and of course at the same time paid off my only remaining CC. 

It was a practical decision, but unfortunately one I had to make with the expenses coming up, including getting a new roof. 

Brian,  an oil pressure sending unit should be a real simple job. Just unplug it, screw it out and screw in the new one with teflon tape on the threads.  Should be by the oil filter normally although I can't remember the make or year of Jeep you have.

I'd suggest you search Youtube before spending $750 on it. That seams really really high.

Yep, and a lot of that is the labor that I just don't have time for with our trip rapidly approaching.

It's actually sold as a complete oil cooler housing assembly, and contains a couple different sensors. Not fun, but necessary.

• 2 months later...