Is IPMS LAS VEGAS still going ahead

williamj

Me too... Bringing the Mrs. so we'll have a mini-vacation of sorts, Vegas style.  I've just amended my hotel reservation to extend it to the following Monday.  The flights home on Sunday are boo-koo expensive.  I'll be fully coronafied (aka vaccinated) by the time Vegas rolls around and so will a lot of others; I should think the show will go on as planned.

My main trade show of the year directly overlaps the Vegas dates... however it looks like there's a chance our in-person show may not happen. Soooo if that's the case, you can bet I'll be trying my hardest to make it to the Nats. Fingers crossed

I've currently got hotel reservations at the Rio from the 18th through the 22nd, but may do the same thing and extend it out to fly out Monday the 23rd instead.

Im still in my 40s (for another 1/2 year or so! :lol: ) with no pre-existing conditions or vulnerabilities, so people like my 91 year old mom with respiratory issues, and my my 60 something sister with Lupus can get their turn in line, but I'm hoping to get both shots (or just the one depending on what's available) long before Aug. 

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Me too... Bringing the Mrs. so we'll have a mini-vacation of sorts, Vegas style.  I've just amended my hotel reservation to extend it to the following Monday.  The flights home on Sunday are boo-koo expensive.  I'll be fully coronafied (aka vaccinated) by the time Vegas rolls around and so will a lot of others; I should think the show will go on as planned.

“Coronafied” too funny.  Years ago I was coronafied after a 6-pack. 

I was planning to attend and then have the family join me on the weekend and make it a family trip. But the mandatory 2 week quarantine on return has kiboshed those plans. We can't quite afford a 3 week vacation. So it'll have to wait another year.

Carl

The mandatory $2000 three day hotel stay when we return while waiting for test results and then still having to do two weeks quarantine is a deal breaker for going anywhere.  It a really really dumb law, if you test negative you shouldn't have to do the quarantine, they also don't care if you've been vaccinated.

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Is IPMS LAS VEGAS still going ahead
On 3/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, LSP_Ron said:

The mandatory $2000 three day hotel stay when we return while waiting for test results and then still having to do two weeks quarantine is a deal breaker for going anywhere.  It a really really dumb law, if you test negative you shouldn't have to do the quarantine, they also don't care if you've been vaccinated.

This is what will end it for me as well..hoping and counting on it being changed by then.  3 months might be enough.

Edited by williamj

• 2 weeks later...

Having thought about it daily since I started to plan my trip, it just seems too early for me to attend a event with so many people. 

I think the Vegas IPMS show is the modelling equivalent of Sturgis or spring break.

Many attending will also be dining out and gambling as well as going to the show.

Looking at the current infection rates across the country, I believe that it is just too soon for such a gathering.     

With a heavy heart, I am going to bow out and go next year.