HK Models Lancaster, No. 83 Squadron, RAF, May 1943

TimW

6 minutes ago, npb748r said:

looks fantastic - mine has not been touched for about 18 months, you have inspired me to get my digit out and get it back on the bench. I'd be over the moon if mine ends up looking as good as yours (which it wont !).

Never say never!  I had some major periods of despondency,  especially during wing and engine nacelle assembly.  Stalled for several months as a result.   But I got there!

If I can do it, anybody can...

Nice job Tim. Always a pleasure to see one of these big kits finished and congratulations for sticking with it. 

Just an observation for anyone else building one of these. It's worth checking references for the exhaust staining over the top of the wing. Some aircraft don't show much staining on the most outboard exhaust as the wingtip dihedral could often carry it under the wing instead. 

She'll look great next to the B-17. It would be fascinating to see a side by side to compare relative sizes if you ever get a chance Tim. 

:speak_cool:

Edited by geedubelyer
Correcting auto correction

8 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Nice job Tim. Always a pleasure to see one of these big kits finished and congratulations for sticking with it. 

Just an observation for anyone else building one of these. It's worth checking references for the exhaust staining over the top of the wing. Some aircraft don't show much staining on the most outboard exhaust as the wingtip dihedral could often carry it under the wing instead. 

She'll look great next to the B-17. It would be fascinating to see a side by side to compare relative sizes if you ever get a chance Tim. 

:speak_cool:

Yes, good observation--I wanted to try my hand at pastel staining...I like how it came out.  I can always wipe some of it off later.    

Definitely will do some comparative pics at some point!

Cheers,

Tim W.