New 1/32 SPAD from Roden

Pup7309

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

Interesting shadows on the wings at sprue locations.

What is your initial impression?

I've been comparing this new SPAD XIII kit with the 'old' SPAD VII kit (2009) and the detailing is very similar, same engine sprue.

As I haven't build any of them I'm not really in a position to cast any judgement on the fitting etc. 

The 'flash' is somewhat less on the new one ^_^

Cheers: Kent

Which color schemes are included? I can see an Italian example with the horse insignia (Baracca's) plus that other one with crossed something....

Tnarg

OK, sorry I didn't check the website link... Ruffo di Calabria, Guynemer and an RFC machine flown by JD Hewett. Aftermarket decals should give us many, many more.

Edited by Tnarg
didn't check the website

1 hour ago, Tnarg said:

Which color schemes are included? I can see an Italian example with the horse insignia (Baracca's) plus that other one with crossed something....

Tnarg

OK, sorry I didn't check the website link... Ruffo di Calabria, Guynemer and an RFC machine flown by JD Hewett. Aftermarket decals should give us many, many more.

I like those they have chosen: Baracca’s are always a winner and, though it is a solid overall colour, I do like the Guynemer markings (as much for whose aircraft it is as for how they look). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There has been some conjecture that this release is a litmus test of the WW1 market in 1/32 scale, yet there has been little marketing or promotion on it.

How can one judge the popularity of a kit or subject matter based on sales if it is not promoted in, at least, the 'normal' levels?  If sales are low, is it due to the lack of marketing or the market ignoring the subject matter?