Royal Aircraft Factory FE.2b (1/32, Wingnut Wings)

PrzemoL

And my penultimate build - actually my second WNW Fee, the early version, , Baroda 15, from RFC 23 Sqn flown by Pinder & Halford on March 29th, 1916, when it became famous for being brought down almost intact and with wounded crew by Max Immelmann.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Ungainly? Fragile? Hard to imagine it flew at all?
Well, here are a few photos showing the unbelievable versatility of this aircraft. In the period of WW1 when the progress in aviation was unequalled and many designs were becoming obsolete in the short time between production and deployment, this amazing aircraft remained in service for almost 3 years! From the early fighter of early 1916 to the very efficient night bomber in late 1918!!! I am in love, again, with this aircraft!

Edited by PrzemoL

Looks like we still have some work to do to get the images loading correctly. Try using the "Insert image from URL" function in the "Other Media" drop-down menu at the bottom right of the post edit window. This should strip out all the extra code that's being copied, which is making the forum software treat the links as normal URLs, rather than as images to load inline.

I hope that makes sense!

Kev

Well, PrzemoL, you have excelled AGAIN. Your builds are always a delight to see, but this one takes the cake! Just awesome. Which brand of paint did you use for the copper and brass on the engine, it's nice and smooth with no graininess. Regards, Pete in RI

Wow!  Beautiful Fee!  You did an outstanding job on the build.  I am currently working on a Wnw Alb DVa and the rigging on it is challenging for me to replicate well, I can't imagine doing something like your Fe2b.  Again beautiful work! 

Ernest 

Just beautiful work there!

Having built one of these myself, I know how hard it is to get a finish on it like you have achieved here, that is absolutely flawless work, especially for such a complex build like the Fee..

Outstanding work and great photography as well!

Cheer's,

Jeff. 

8 hours ago, PrzemoL said:

Ungainly? Fragile? Hard to imagine it flew at all?

Hah, imagine landing one on a windy day! ;)

Defo swimming in the deep end of the pool with this kit completed, Sir.

Well done!:clap2:

Thank you for all the overly kind comments.

8 hours ago, europapete said:

Well, PrzemoL, you have excelled AGAIN. Your builds are always a delight to see, but this one takes the cake! Just awesome. Which brand of paint did you use for the copper and brass on the engine, it's nice and smooth with no graininess. Regards, Pete in RI

All the metallic paints I use are from Vallejo acrylics range, the majority from Metal Color series, except for brass which is not included therein, it is an ordinary Model Color paint.

6 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Wow!  Beautiful Fee!  You did an outstanding job on the build.  I am currently working on a Wnw Alb DVa and the rigging on it is challenging for me to replicate well, I can't imagine doing something like your Fe2b.  Again beautiful work! 

Ernest 

You may call me crazy but I find rigging as my favourite aspect of WW1 aircraft modeling. The method with eyelets, tubes and monofilament is not difficult at all - I try to convince everyone that it is true :-)