HK Lancaster questions

Astro32

Technically no one that I know of in 1/32. However, Kits World offers a set for “No Not Now”, KW132139, that has the same Vargas girl but with different colors. I’m currently putting masks together for all the other markings.

Cheers,  Tom

Got hangar space for my Lancaster & He-111H down there in Atlanta. Seriously though, how big would a hangar be for a Lanc in 32nd scale?

Edited by Astro32

4 hours ago, Astro32 said:

I'll double check! Thanks!

This is the HK Lancaster I just fininished, everything on it was in the stock HK kit, the ventral radome, the foward radar antenna and the plug for the upper turret, it's all there, it's just not called out on the instruction sheet. Also the intake on the starboard side above the trailing edge of the wing is in the kit as well !!!9AjBhKu.jpg?1

And a magnificent job you did Patrick! Also note that the parts you need to fix the exhausts in place are also included, in case you don’t want to display the engines. I found out about the crew heater intake being included the hard way, after I scratchbuilt my own.

Cheers,  Tom

Found the insert! Awesome! Recently I found a photo online of PD328 with the bomb bay open. Most visible was a spare mainwheel but I wonder what else was there? Extra fuel tanks I'm sure. Aries must've flown like a fighter without the tactical loadout no matter what.

My friend Jim Cave (Lion’s Bay, BC) had the great sense to audibly record his father’s recollections of his wartime experiences before it was too late. This is what Harry said about how the Lancaster flew: 

The Lancaster was a great favourite with its crews, as testified by Flight Lieutenant Harry Cave, an RCAF pilot of 419 squadron: “The Lancaster was the finest aircraft I have ever flown. It was like flying a Tiger Moth, really, except that it had 4 engines. It just floated like a bird! It didn’t want to land! It was as if it just loved to fly! It was responsive to the controls—just a little touch of the controls, the rudder or the control column, to bank or climb or dive, just a slight movement and it performed beautifully and smoothly. The pilot had fantastic visibility. You could see everything; it was like being in a greenhouse. I could look around, if I arranged my seat to its highest and shortened the rudder pedals to the fullest extent, I could see right around through 360 degrees and it was wonderful to see like that. I could see right into the astro hatch and if Jonesy (Wireless OP) was there, I could see him and also look right at Nick Horychka in the Mid-Upper Turret. The aeroplane was absolutely beautiful. Now we had never flown this plane before so I went out with an American who was on the squadron by the name of Lt Joe Hartshorn. He was an awfully fine man. He did one circuit and landing and he then stepped out of the airplane and I took it from there.”  Printed with the permission of Jim Cave, Harry's son.

Edited by mozart

13 hours ago, Uncarina said:

And a magnificent job you did Patrick! Also note that the parts you need to fix the exhausts in place are also included, in case you don’t want to display the engines. I found out about the crew heater intake being included the hard way, after I scratchbuilt my own.

Cheers,  Tom

Thank you Tom, yeah I just happened to have spotted the heater intake while pulling parts for some portion of the build !!! I was so glad you posted about the alternate parts for the exhausts that replace the engines, what a time saver !!!!! Thanks again !