Dragon Bf110C-3, 235-5 235 Squadriglia (Done)

IainM

43 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice looking cockpit Iain, the fit of the wings is really good just dry fitted on the spars on this kit arent they.

Regards. Andy 

Hi Andy
Thanks!
Yes, once you've fettled, sanded and dry-fitted a few times they're basically a slide-fit onto the spars. I didn't glue the underbelly fuselage pan onto the spar box section Dragon supplies, so my plan is to shim it up to for a perfect fit with the wing root underside, and then I'll use some of my neodymium magnets in the wing and fuselage root area to join them up - easier for transport, etc.

• 6 months later...

It's been some time :lol: Winter in NZ, working (or not working) in an uninsulated garage, buying a house, moving, getting the new house sorted out to mine and my wife's requirements, setting up the model bench....but it's back on!

Progress at the moment -

Managed to mask and paint all the canopy interiors, and pop on the canopy release and grab handles, attach the canopies to the fuselage.

Iv4fp6.jpg

iQax1P.jpg

S/B the "washing line" antenna and the HF mast (different on the C-1/3 variants- older style), and relocated the mounting point on the lower fuselage.
Excuse the focus on the one pic...;)

bs6DFF.jpg

pz7Cwf.jpg

Wings are on, she's ready for the first coat of primer to check for seam/scratch/filler issues!

NFkzsX.jpg

9pxYpE.jpg

Lovely beast this! Let's hope there not too much prep work!!:lol:

Cheers
Iain

Nice build Iain,

I noticed back a few pages ago..  you discussed the Revell offering of the kit? It is indeed the same kit, from the same moulds, but the plastic is a very light grey colour and there are sink marks where the Dragon has none. The instructions are of course easier to deal with, but the painting guide is the typical Revell, "silky matt olive mixed 4:1 with gloss olive drab", if you know what I mean. Oh, and the box could be less than half the size...

Having said all that, it is currently available on Amazon UK for only £50, which is a bargain for such a beautiful model.

Nige