HK Lancaster/ Air Sea Rescue

I nearly always fail to build a kit as intended by the manufacturer, if you are like me, it could have been a lot worse:

800px-Avro_Avro_691_Lancastrian_3_G-AGWH

Your Lanc is absolutely superb and well worth all the work you have put into it

Richard

I wonder how they dropped the lifeboat?

7 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Very nice Pat!

The lanc looks really good in white; definitely something I'll be doing when I get around to building mine.

Love the lifeboat too! 3D print I assume?

Craig

Hi Craig, thank you ! Your B-17 is looking great !!! The lifeboat actually started as a free download of a "Candian Canoe" which I re-sized in my printer software, printed it. I had to heat up the side walls and bow them in a good amount at the top in order to make it look more like the original lifeboat, I also had to build up the bow section with epoxy putty to make it more blunt as per the original's look, most of it was guess work as I couldn't find any drawings of the real hull. It was fun though, The HK kit goes together really well, I think the only thing that really bothered me on it was the wing tips, they don't locate real well and you have to fiddle with them a bit, I had to put some shims inside the open ends of the wings to keep them from collapsing when trying to mount the tips, other than that the kit all in all was quite a pleasant suprise to build !!!

I was actually going to build the model at first as a "Tiger Force" Lancaster in the white over black scheme, but I couldn't stop looking at the grey over white with the more colorful post war markings, it just seems to suit the airplane !!!

Thanks again, Pat

5 hours ago, RLWP said:

I nearly always fail to build a kit as intended by the manufacturer, if you are like me, it could have been a lot worse:

Richard

Thank you !!!That photo would be an intresting conversion !!! I'm not sure other than the parchute how the boat was dropped, I know there's are articles on-line that pertain to it.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:17 AM, RLWP said:

Richard

They maintained the bomb release slip for the 'Cookie' bomb and the Liftboat was fixed to the slip so when the release point came over the rescue location, instead of 'Bombs away' it was 'Boat away' . . . .