O.G. Revell Corsair F4U-1 Finished

Ayovan

Doctors kicked me loose today. YAY!!! Gawd I hate hospitals. Got a decent meal (I think they go out of their way to make hospital food taste like crap), came home and got a look at my mail, and saw that I got the IP, and another set of decals for this build. Went ahead and slipped the IP into the cockpit with just a minor amount of trimming to get it to fit good. Painted the dash flat black, masked, and glued the wind shield in place and put a coat of interior green on the outside of the frame. Tomorrow I'll squirt some color on the rest of this thing.

f6b7a0.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

I bought 1 set of decals originally for this build. They are Pappy Boyington's " markings"  for #86 Lucybelle. Well after doing a tiny bit of reading I find out that the plane was strickly a pubicity photo shoot, and did not even belong to  VMF-214. In fact the photo shoot had to be done over because someone in a hurry, stuck some of the kill markings on backwards. Not exactly the plane I think I want to represent.

I bought a 2nd set of Kepford's white "29 decals. These are pretty much the same as what came with the kit anyway, and at least they are for a real combat aircraft. So VF-17 white "29" it is. 

Edited by Ayovan

4 hours ago, mkd1966 said:

Good afternoon Andy,

She is looking beautiful - AND I'm glad you're feeling better... Model on my friend - model on !!!

Mike

Thanks Mike

I'm ready to put a coat of gloss clear on now. Got all my stuff out, got setup to spray....OH! but I'm out of gloss....Doooh!  I think I got the last bottle from my local hobby shop too. Ordered 3 bottles of Mr. Super Clear gloss on Amazom. Will be delivered on Saturday.

Got a coat of clear shot yesterday, and most of the decals on today. Just a few doodads to finish up, Nav lights,landing gear (still waiting on some wheels) and the antenna mast and pitot tube. I'll try some more weathering then hit it with a coat of flat, and this one will be just about done.

BF836t.jpg